Drove the Eagle wished I would of drove the Eureka

I had to do transport between funeral homes this evening. We do not have
Racks with rollers for either first call vehicle so when we have to transport a casket we have to use one of the coaches. We had one our winter storm system move thru the 2o mile round trip took over an hour not including load time. The roads were so bad that if I went over 35mph the coach would start sliding. I took the 99Eagle. I should have taken the 87 Eureka with the front wheel drive. The only thing that would have been better is if we still had the 69 and 75 M-M ocean liners we used to have.

tires you got to have decent tires on the car. nothing is worse then loosing traction with a front wheel drive. you do that and you loose steering and braking. then the darn fool thing wants to swap ends with you going to the down hill side every time. but they will feel safer so you drive faster, right up to the point when you loose it. but rather you then me. I have driven in worse then I did this last week but I did not like that either. this suberban I have here is really light in the rear end also

Racks with rollers for either first call vehicle so when we have to transport a casket we have to use one of the coaches. We had one our winter storm system move thru the 2o mile round trip took over an hour not including load time. The roads were so bad that if I went over 35mph the coach would start sliding. I took the 99Eagle. I should have taken the 87 Eureka with the front wheel drive. The only thing that would have been better is if we still had the 69 and 75 M-M ocean liners we used to have.

The Eagle must have been a Lincoln, as all Cadillacs were FWD in 99. I love RWD coaches (and any other car) in the winter, I refuse to drive a front wheel drive in the winter unless absolutely have to, I hate how they handle, and think they are about worthless in the snow. I always make sure I own a RWD just for winter.

Mitch, the 99 Cadillac is a front wheel drive plus it has traxtion control as the older car does not. It should of done pretty well. I assume (maybe somebody can correct me if I'm wrong) but the 99 Eagle Cadillac might even weight more than the Eureka too so I think you made the right choice!

FWD-RWD. Prefer rwd in snow. Reminds me of a girl I went to high school with, I graduated in 1980, one year when we got a decent snow which we don't get much in Ga. but she had new car of some sort, I forget what it was now but it was a fwd and she put snow tires on the back. You would not believe how much harassing she took over that one.

Rwd

The Eagle must have been a Lincoln, as all Cadillacs were FWD in 99. I love RWD coaches (and any other car) in the winter, I refuse to drive a front wheel drive in the winter unless absolutely have to, I hate how they handle, and think they are about worthless in the snow. I always make sure I own a RWD just for winter.

Me and a friend drove this back from up north ,coming thru Tehachapi starting snowing heavy. The signs came on chains required. No chains on board but going at a safe speed we made it thru. I think being a 3-way it had some extra weight over the rear wheels which helped .

Attachments

• DSC08291.jpg
    DSC08291.jpg
    92.9 KB · Views: 2,164
Back