'65/'66 NOS Commercial Chassis Quarter Panels

Kurt Arends

PCS Elected Director 2021-2024
I have a pair of NOS '65/'66 Cadillac commercial chassis quarter panels that I would be willing to sell. These are NOS and not something that has been cut off of a car. My price is $2000 for the pair. I assume that this is probably the only pair of these available in this country. I would entertain a possible trade. I am sure that this will seem rediculously high to some of you, but try to find another NOS pair. I am also not in a hurry to sell them as I know that I will have a use for them after they are gone. Let me know if interested.

Attachments

• 021.jpg
    021.jpg
    85.8 KB · Views: 701
  • 022.jpg
    022.jpg
    86 KB · Views: 699
  • 023.jpg
    023.jpg
    89.2 KB · Views: 686
1/4 Panels

They didn't. They have never been on a coach.

Kurt, I think Ed means what coach builder did they come from? Did the 1/4 panels have to come from each coach builder or where these avaible from GM?

who knows but the top seam would be the only difference if there was one. there is some question as to weather or not superior did the stamping for everyone they did have the big press. I have never seen a pictures of a CC being delivered with quarters bundled on the chassis. but if you had one rusted out you could always do the cut and splice thing. the trouble is this body did not rust in the quarters due to the way it was constructed with the lower panels exposed. but it was a good find if you have one damaged. I always hated to replace one it's a lot of work. give us a shot of the back side can you.

looking at my pictures I can say they are not superior stamping or at least not 66 superior

Attachments

• IMG_0344a.jpg
    IMG_0344a.jpg
    67.2 KB · Views: 633
'65/'66 Quarter Panels

Ed,
I am 90% sure that these are Miller Meteor quarter panels. I just checked my Miller Meteor book. I will get some photos taken of the back sides next weekend when I return home.

here is the thing about loose panels. it all most impossible to mate them up once the label is off. take a good look at the pictures I posted of Jim's 66 superior and tell me what is different on the car then the loose panel. those quarters are worth some money but only from the man needing one for the car they fit. then you recall how fast Keven showed me the error of my ways on the bumper ends. education comes at a cost. just because it looks the same doesn't make it so.

Yes, the difference between the Miller Meteor and Superior quarter panels is very clear. I assume that there has to be a '65/'66 Miller Meteor flower car or ambulance out there that is in desperate need of these!

there is no difference between MM and Superior hearse or ambulance quarters. but it looking over pictures these my be flower car I really don't have a clear pictures of them or standard Caddy two door or convertible panels. which are different then the rest. the only way to tell would be to have close measerments. the big thing is the CC cars as a rule were straight lined you'll find all the body lines on a standard car taper to the rear. from the pictures I have of a MM flower car it looks like these might be used on them. but I think the dip in the front is still different.

Attachments

• Untitled-Stitched-02.jpg
    Untitled-Stitched-02.jpg
    58.6 KB · Views: 312
  • 1966 MM 1.JPG
    1966 MM 1.JPG
    87.8 KB · Views: 319
there is no difference between MM and Superior hearse or ambulance quarters. but it looking over pictures these my be flower car I really don't have a clear pictures of them or standard Caddy two door or convertible panels. which are different then the rest. the only way to tell would be to have close measerments. the big thing is the CC cars as a rule were straight lined you'll find all the body lines on a standard car taper to the rear. from the pictures I have of a MM flower car it looks like these might be used on them. but I think the dip in the front is still different.

Ed was on the right track, but then he contradicted himself. 1965/66 Superior quarters had a straight top body line ("fin"), M/M all had the dip. The two pictures of flower cars are 67's, as Atti pointed out.

A 66 regular coupe would have more metal forward of the wheel well, whereas a regular sedan would have a panel that stopped 3/4 through the wheel well, so by the process of elimination these would be 65/66 M/M quarters.

I couldn't find a good picture of a 65/66 S&S, but I believe it is somewhere in between the other two, with a gentle dip on the leading edge of the "fin", less pronounced and more gradual than the M/M.

Ed was on the right track, but then he contradicted himself. 1965/66 Superior quarters had a straight top body line ("fin"), M/M all had the dip. The two pictures of flower cars are 67's, as Atti pointed out.

A 66 regular coupe would have more metal forward of the wheel well, whereas a regular sedan would have a panel that stopped 3/4 through the wheel well, so by the process of elimination these would be 65/66 M/M quarters.

I couldn't find a good picture of a 65/66 S&S, but I believe it is somewhere in between the other two, with a gentle dip on the leading edge of the "fin", less pronounced and more gradual than the M/M.

Todd, I believe you are correct. I dont have a Pic of a 66 S&S but below is a pic of a 65 S&S and you can see the gradual dip, compaired to a 66 M-M in the second pic. Sorry I dont have any close ups but if you zoom in its easy to see.

1965 S&S Victoria 2.jpg

1966 Miller-Meteor combo 5.jpg

that was the flower car I used. here is Arts former 66 MM ambulance and Sara 66 combo and a unnamed 65

Attachments

• 1966 MM arts after.jpg
    1966 MM arts after.jpg
    61.8 KB · Views: 262
  • 1966 MM combined.jpg
    1966 MM combined.jpg
    90.6 KB · Views: 263
  • 1966 MM.jpg
    1966 MM.jpg
    73.1 KB · Views: 275
it may be possible they are MM. take your measurements and check your fit . the only way you could be sure is to set it up against one. but I would say your right on them needing more space in front of the wheel well for a standard caddy.

'65/'66 Quarter Panels

I guess that I should have mentioned to begin with that these did come from a closed M-M distributor.

what it does show is how much different the cars are. a 66 caddy is a 66 right. in this case we have shown that the 3 biggest manufactures used a different shaped quarter panel in there cars in 66. if you start comparing moldings that all look a like in pictures you will find they used different moldings on there cars to.
but that the flower car is different then the other MM adds one more twist

Back