2015 cars

John ED Renstrom

PCS Member
Super Site Supporter
just a quicky on the cars on the show field. I did not put our lead car out there but could have.

Attachments

• IMG_0471a.jpg
    IMG_0471a.jpg
    82.5 KB · Views: 711
  • IMG_0475a.jpg
    IMG_0475a.jpg
    92.8 KB · Views: 721
  • IMG_0477a.jpg
    IMG_0477a.jpg
    92.1 KB · Views: 718
  • IMG_0479a.jpg
    IMG_0479a.jpg
    92 KB · Views: 730
  • IMG_0481a.jpg
    IMG_0481a.jpg
    93.6 KB · Views: 733
  • IMG_0483a.jpg
    IMG_0483a.jpg
    94.1 KB · Views: 735
  • IMG_0485a.jpg
    IMG_0485a.jpg
    89.5 KB · Views: 732
  • IMG_0488a.jpg
    IMG_0488a.jpg
    94.9 KB · Views: 735
and some more

Attachments

• IMG_0495a.jpg
    IMG_0495a.jpg
    93 KB · Views: 745
  • IMG_0496a.jpg
    IMG_0496a.jpg
    92.4 KB · Views: 729
  • IMG_0499a.jpg
    IMG_0499a.jpg
    95.7 KB · Views: 732
  • IMG_0501a.jpg
    IMG_0501a.jpg
    94.8 KB · Views: 726
  • IMG_0503a.jpg
    IMG_0503a.jpg
    80.6 KB · Views: 727
  • IMG_0505a.jpg
    IMG_0505a.jpg
    92.8 KB · Views: 711
jes it does and I know that after this weekend Gorge will do what the other 3 owners could not. some time you just save the car to pass on to a man that wants to finish it up.

john the car belongs to this man. he acquired it out of the Denver area.

Attachments

• IMG_0480.jpg
    IMG_0480.jpg
    60.6 KB · Views: 614
jes it does and I know that after this weekend Gorge will do what the other 3 owners could not. some time you just save the car to pass on to a man that wants to finish it up.

john the car belongs to this man. he acquired it out of the Denver area.

Thanks. That was going to be my next question, where it came from. I knew it looked just like the one that was at the 2005 International in Denver.

John I have the shot of the data plate on Emma H's car and this one I'll compare to see if it's the same one. if it is and it looks like it it went downhill a little since 05.

John I have the shot of the data plate on Emma H's car and this one I'll compare to see if it's the same one. if it is and it looks like it it went downhill a little since 05.

I would be VERY surprised if it was not, considering even the drapes are in close to the same position and tied back the same way. And the fact she had it for sale a year or so after the meet.
Let me know when you get time.

thats it, had you been able to bring yours there would have been one more. had I not had a breakdown that would have been two more. but I will say half of the cars here are from texas. as the lone star chapter has been inactive a number of years I think that is a real feat. when we have the meet out here I would not expect any more cars at it. with mine being the only local ones in attendance. it's a little closer for the IL, Min chapters and the Mile high people but still around 400 to 1000 miles for them. distance is a problem for car attendance but still not a good enough reason to have only east coast or midwest meets.

No, not a lot of cars on the showfield,for reasons best told by Ed. Recently Woodstock Ont had a corvette fest 260 corvettes showed up,and for me after the first 40 vettes, kind of got boring, like standing at a baskin robbins trying to decide what for sure I want, However to my mind the best parts of these meets is meeting old friends and making new ones and getting to see the local sights that is what I regret most not being able to attend,

Corvettes are almost all the same except for color for a particular year, however, professional cars are all different, and rarely, if ever, you will find any two alike. Similar, but never alike. Even the downsized Superior Transport ambulances, are all different, except for two that were ordered alike for one department. If there were 250 professional cars on the show field, I wouldn't get bored looking at them all, but if there were only a few, I would be disappointed in the turnout, however, I would still be looking at what was there. In all probability, I would be studying them more closely, because there were so few. I belong to car clubs, because of the cars primarily, the social aspect is secondary. Just like I belonged to the Rotary Club for the social aspect and for its mission to help others. Each type of club has its place, based on the persons primary interest in belonging. Others might disagree, and that is their right. I would be interested in hearing from others as to why they belong to the Professional Car Society, and / or a car club.

will me now I did not want to be the only weirdo on the block that had a car but didn't have it all halloweened out. I'm still the only one on the block but I know were a whole bunch of others are. the big question is why you stayed in the club. retention is our problem. me I stay because where else could you get people to send you a car to tear apart. you repair your neighbors car he runs out and wraps it around a tree next week. you repair a pro car it is keep for a long time. each one has it's custom places. they are the same under the skin but you soon cover that over. some of the most fun I have ever had working. :thumbsup:

thats it, had you been able to bring yours there would have been one more. had I not had a breakdown that would have been two more. but I will say half of the cars here are from texas. as the lone star chapter has been inactive a number of years I think that is a real feat. when we have the meet out here I would not expect any more cars at it. with mine being the only local ones in attendance. it's a little closer for the IL, Min chapters and the Mile high people but still around 400 to 1000 miles for them. distance is a problem for car attendance but still not a good enough reason to have only east coast or midwest meets.

I wish I could of Ed. As many of you know my health has not been the best this past year or so but I'm improving and I hope to be driving again soon! Glad you had a good time even though the numbers must of been alittle disappointing.

numbers were not disappointing for me. it took us about 2 hr to do the judging, I got to eat lunch around 1 even though we were judging 3 categories instead of just one. for once I got to enjoy the show, look threw the museum and relax a little. now you add the cars inside to the list and there were a lot of cars there. cars that at any other meet you might only find one of. I think there were at least 6 horse drawn, with a nice child's hearse and cars from early teens to into the 2000s. we learned a lot as to how the museum got it's name it is not affiliated in any way with the corporation SCI,

at the board meeting we got a candid explanation of of how this web site works. (it's not at all what you hear in the back room) and stuff you never get into at a larger meet.

in the Ohio meet, the largest gathering of cars we have ever had, it took till 4pm to get the cars judged. we had two bus loads and chase cars to every event. it was fun but I bet without looking at the pictures I can only describe about 10 cars that were there.

each type of meet has there plus and minus. the only minus at this one was a lower participation from the general membership. due to a number of personal reasons. lower participation means lower number of cars. my brake down only meant that Bill got the longest distance driven award I could have beat him by 300 miles.

those of us that were there came for a good time and I did not hear of one person that left disappointed. a number of first time to a event ever people were there. the normal to some not all confusion was there with a man covered thin and all his help being not from town. but Bill and I got to tour a part of residential Houston no one else got to while we were trying to figure how they spelled the street name for the museum. so we could get in address in his smart phone and my dumb GPS i e a u can all sound the same in a name. Mike and Vicky have tales about navigation with dead reckoning and GPS with one way streets from the back seat of the Yukon. we had fun we came to have fun so we did. that is the key.

I truly missed seeing you and your car this go round but hay there is another and one more longest distance award to pay for.

I would be interested in hearing from others as to why they belong to the Professional Car Society, and / or a car club.

I come and go but enjoy the people and of course the cars. The folks on this site especially Paul and Ed, are always helpful with information on anything to do with a Pro-Car. Ohio was fantastic with so many cars so compared to that my event in Florida was weak with about 40 cars 2012.

I think everyone knew Houston was going to be have a smaller car count due to the distance. Terri and I planned on attending and did all the paperwork but then Terri goes and gets herself hired and had to scope out some places in Virginia where she will be moving in July.

The good news is Terri will be only a couple hundred miles from next years event....:D

On the Corvette side and as a person that owns one, it is always great to attend a Corvette show no matter how many Corvettes are there.

Bought my first vette in 1962 still have one. Remember every boy loves a plastic toy! Good luck with your move I left the Keys in 1983 and have regretted it ever since.

Thanks but not my move but her move. Nooooooo, we're not getting a divorce certainly could not let her off the hook that easily.

When I went to my first meet in 2013 (Milwaukee), I came for TWO reasons: to see the cars AND to meet people I only knew from the message board and phone conversations. I wasnt disappointed on either count. Looking forward to 2018 in South Dakota as that one is within the realm of possibility of driving my coach to it!

Back