Pro car bucket list

Been thinking about my bucket list (for no particular reason), and realized there are so many things I want to do before I die, I'll need another couple lifetimes to get them all in. But, I've started to categorize some of them by subjects. Here's my growing list in the Pro car group:

- Own an ambulance. After having many many hearses, limousines, and combinations, I've still never owned one.

- Go on a "vacation" with Atti as soon as I get over my fear of snakes, spiders, and ticks.

- Meet Allan Abbott and Ron Hast in person. And if possible, get a picture of them with my car.

- Make it to Flint for a micro meet.

- See Steve Loftin's collection of automobilia. I'm guessing this could take a few weeks!

- Make at least one kid fall in love with professional cars.

So what's on your list?

Live to 110........... and still be able to remember mine and your names... :respect:

Been thinking about my bucket list (for no particular reason), and realized there are so many things I want to do before I die, I'll need another couple lifetimes to get them all in. But, I've started to categorize some of them by subjects. Here's my growing list in the Pro car group:

- Own an ambulance. After having many many hearses, limousines, and combinations, I've still never owned one.

- Go on a "vacation" with Atti as soon as I get over my fear of snakes, spiders, and ticks.

- Meet Allan Abbott and Ron Hast in person. And if possible, get a picture of them with my car.

- Make it to Flint for a micro meet.

- See Steve Loftin's collection of automobilia. I'm guessing this could take a few weeks!

- Make at least one kid fall in love with professional cars.

So what's on your list?

Im 27, do I count as a "kid"?

Interesting thread Adam, thank you for thinking about it!

I have never really considered an actual list before, but here goes,

1 Own a Superior from the Fifties, or Sixties, preferably an ambulance.
2 Own a Fifties convertible.
I have owned many cars and no doubt I will own others, but these have evaded me so far.

Now for the important stuff;
1 I would like to be able to do something life changing for someone. If I could do that, I would be very proud and know that my life effected another person in a positive way.
2 I would like to spark interest in car collecting, or at least the hobby, to someone, preferably a young person.
3 I would like to accomplish something worthy of being remembered, after I am gone. I find it troubling to think that almost immediately after our deaths, very few of us will even be remembered at all.
I have always regretted that I stopped playing guitar when I was about fourteen. Due to my poor vision, I cannot read sheet music and I have completely forgotten how to play. I think I would love to play the guitar again. The damn thing is that I don't sing anymore either. Oh well.

Neat topic. I never gave it much thought. Being on the downhill slide now, here are my contributions to this subject.

Since I never married (for the first time) until I was 36, I got to do most everything that appealed to me before that time. My first obsession was pro-cars, and I got to drive, own and enjoy several of them over the years. My second area of fanaticism was dirt track sprint car racing, and I have attended races at every track that appealed to me from California to Maryland, and Florida to North Dakota. I still go to races, and still own a pro-car. I also enjoy cars of every type, and have owned 49 cars since my first one at age 18.

I've had two great careers in EMS and Funeral Service, and was fortunate enough to be able to retire at age 55, due to the late marriages and not having children (no lectures, please.) By the way, Adam, I met Ron Hast on a couple of occasions while attending Los Angeles County Funeral Directors Association dinners, and he is a great speaker!

My very short bucket list, off the top of my head, includes attending the Carlisle and Hershey swap meets at least once, and supporting animal rescue leagues once I am gone. Lesson here is enjoy life before getting bogged down, but to each his own.

I would like to get a '65 or '66 C-B Olds ambulance - like the ones in my neighborhood when I was a kid and discovered ambulances.

And I'd like to retire, and have a small house with a basement garage for the above ambulance (I had a dream as a kid that I'd have an ambulance in my basement.)

Attachments

• 65CBOldsWVRS24.jpg
    65CBOldsWVRS24.jpg
    80.1 KB · Views: 510
I'm almost afraid to ask Atti, but what is a "snake stick"? Abe
If his is what mine is, it's a long stick that you use as a walking stick. When you're in thick underbrush (like a junkyard), you stick it out about a step or two ahead of where you're walking or reaching, to scare off a snake or, at least, to let the snake strike at the stick rather than your leg or arm.

Boy Scouts - be prepared. Don't want to be a snake snack.

If his is what mine is, it's a long stick that you use as a walking stick. When you're in thick underbrush (like a junkyard), you stick it out about a step or two ahead of where you're walking or reaching, to scare off a snake or, at least, to let the snake strike at the stick rather than your leg or arm.

Boy Scouts - be prepared. Don't want to be a snake snack.

Thats one thing we do not have to worry about in Iowa. Our worse threat here while junk yard exploration is brown recluse spiders, and bees wasps, hornets, and the like, which I am extreamly alergic to, and Im too stupid to carry an epipen.
Sure we have snakes but nothing that will harm you.

My pro car bucket list? To own all the procars in the world BBWWWWAAAAAAHHAAHAAHAA. (In my best villain voice)
Or at least own Patrick Martins Baliff Packard, or his Lincoln from Puerto Rico, or a Prinzing carved side.
I guess I would also be happy to see the restoration of my 49 S&S, while I still own it.
Now to be more serious, I would like to see in my lifetime a cure for asthma (which I am a severe sufferer of so I know what people go through), and a cure for cancer. Ive seen this nasty and painful disease take way too many people well before their time.
After my death-go to my own funeral to see who my true friends really are, and see what monstrosity of a pro car they load me in (in the year 3000 of course)

Adam, Friday night, I may have accomplished one thing on your list! If not permanent, he was for the moment. He kept trying to look in Jeremy's car, finally his Mom picked him up so he could see in, I went over and asked if he wanted to sit in it and he was grinning from ear to ear shaking his head up and down. It was cute. His little feet wouldn't reach the pedals.

Attachments

• Kid In 73.jpg
    Kid In 73.jpg
    46.7 KB · Views: 241
Adam, Friday night, I may have accomplished one thing on your list! If not permanent, he was for the moment. He kept trying to look in Jeremy's car, finally his Mom picked him up so he could see in, I went over and asked if he wanted to sit in it and he was grinning from ear to ear shaking his head up and down. It was cute. His little feet wouldn't reach the pedals.

Thats the same look I had when I bought my first coach!! (I still get this look when I get a new toy). I can tell from this pic that he will be a future PCS member, and he will be begging you to let him drive one of your coaches to school.

My personal bucket list before I go toes up waay before my Wifey:

Mid 60's Cadillac Combo...preferably a M-M.
'69 Camaro Pace Car edition.

See my Daughter and Grandson to have a Happy and prosperous Life.

Before I die, I want to own a 3-way and service car. I would really like a 73 MM 3-way and 60's service car, but I'm not going to be that picky.

bucket

i agree with ed, tommorow sounds good. like my dr. said, everything depends on what side of the grass you want to wake up on...i want a s&s parkway or a 65 or 66 superior high top, but would settle for a criterion.

Back