"JFK" ambulance price forecast

I wanted to keep this separate from the "JFK Pontiac ambulance up for auction" post so we don't convolute the thread that now primarily deals with the history and research, but I'm curious, as professional car owners and enthusiasts, what do you think will happen if the Barrett-Jackson ambulance gets sold?

Now that we know it's not the real JFK ambulance, my thoughts are that it will never get the projected $1M+ they thought it may, but I think someone is going to pay a lot of money for a good replica anyway. I think anyone that may have been ready to sink six or seven figures into the car has now likely heard and read enough to know what's actually going on, so those bidders are backing out. But what about the JFK historians, collectors, and museums? Think they will end up bidding on the car just to have a replica of the original? When an original is gone for good, it's the next best thing.

I think there will be enough people that want it as a replica, that the selling price will probably double the valued price. Just an uneducated guess, but I think it's going to sell for $50-60K....

What do you think?

I think there will be enough people that want it as a replica, that the selling price will probably double the valued price. Just an uneducated guess, but I think it's going to sell for $50-60K....

What do you think?

My guess is that it sells for $125-150K. Hopefully, whoever does the bidding on that vehicle has done their homework and examined the evidence provided on this message board. After reviewing the information obtained from the Kennedy Library, no way would I bid on the car as if it were the real McCoy.

Barrett-Jackson may say "no way are we pulling the ambulance", but I hope they do not continue to tout it's history as "the JFK ambulance" without being able to prove that it is not a fake.
:my2cents:

to be honest it's at best a 3 to 5 thousand dollar car in need of restoring. but to save face a couple shell bidders is all they need to run the money up. the military ambulances don't bring the money. stop to think what those of us that have traded ambulances here recently have payed for them or sold them for.

Real or not we have to remember the 63 Pontiac is the "59 Cadillac" of Military ambulances. Since it is a visual match to the iconic car it will fetch a premium.

Saturday night=Big Money

Remember, it is Saturday night at BJ. Given this, as a "reproduction" it should bring $100-125K. If there are more than one bidders who believe the documentation, it will very easily go 300+ and on any one day the sky is the limit (all be it the sky is not as high as 2007-8).
Two years ago a reproduction "Andy of Mayberry" police car that was not even a custom 500 drew $100K when one of the regular bidders wives said "I want that car". :pat:

If we get the price right what do we win?:specool:

How about a nice set of wheel chocks? :)
chocks.jpg

I'm going along with Ed's thoughts. It's a stripped down military version of the ’63 Superior ambulance on a Pontiac chassis with a questionable history. Hopefully, the present owner will not profit from this possible (and probable) fake (or should I say “replica”). I can’t see it going for any more than $10,000 to $12,000.

I'm not sure what it will go for. It seems Barrett-Jackson is going to push it as being the real deal. I will be tuned in to the auction for most of tomorrow, I am off, it's going to be bitter cold, and I can't think of a better place to be other than on my couch, in a warm home with an ice cold beer, staring at cool cars in high definition!!!:D

been there done that and ladder golf to. lawn darts any one!!:specool:

but I'v said this before my bet is a over one mil figure from a phone bid and the car disapering over seas. none of us will ever get to inspect this car again.

Back