Where will your car be in 50 years?

It is funny, I have told my wife that if I die, she should do whatever seems right to her. We too, have no children, although we have nieces and a nephew that could possibly get a car, if they expressed any interest. Chances are pretty good that I won't have anything too significant anyway. I never keep a car too long. I like change, therefore I enjoy a car for a while, try to make it better while I own it and then I let it go to someone else, so they can improve it even more and enjoy it.
I love my cars, but I am realistic about their future. No matter who we may sell, or give our cars to, there is no guarantee that they will feel as we do. However, having said that, I am always impressed by people who will bring a car up to the highest levels, or at least really enjoy their cars. It has been my experience throughout my life, that we are all replaceable, no matter what we are doing. It is my belief that there will always be people who will care for our cars.
It is also my opinion that when we do leave this life, material things like cars, will not be our concern. Have faith in the belief that someone will take over, where we leave off. As it was said earlier in this post, we are just caretakers of our cars.

Very timely topic as Marilyn and I already have a scheduled appt to update/change our wills. She of course will get both present drivers with the executor of the the estate after we're both gone getting whatever is Marilyn's at the time and a very good former co-worker friend will get my pickup.

If we're unfortunate enough to have another procar at the time it can go to ???.

Because of my health issues, I have discussed this with my girlfriend. She will keep 2 cars, (she already voiced her opinion on which ones), my mom gets at least one and the others will be sold. But then again who knows what I will have, or how many when that time comes, hopefully not for a while. As for me personally, Im really not going to care much about anything after the life experiance ends.

I really hadn't given this much thought. I have 2 friends that have both expressed an interest in my 71 Continental Mark III. My wish would be for the Lincoln hearse to go to someone who will preserve the car; not modify it. Maybe I should start taking applications from my PCS friends?...Either that, or leave it to Mack Karsnia...who couldnt like a kid named after a big truck???????

I would love to inherit a classic procar. I'm not saying I wish I had family that owned such nice cars and died but I would not mind having a few other pro car and or classic car appreciators in my family. I mean even if I could not own some of the cars you guys have I would still like others with similar interests in the family or close by. I get 0 support in owning this car and most of my family just think I am weird for liking it and wanting one all these years. In fact pretty regularly they mention how horrible it is to own such an old car and its a hearse to boot so it is even worse. "It is so big and old and it takes up half the driveway. Why don't you get rid of it and buy a newer car?" and "Why would you own a car dead people have been in?" I heard that a few times over the holidays.

Long story short my car won't go to any of my family but I hope/ should still be alive in 50 years and hope to have a nice hearse or two.

My cars will have to go with me because Terri and the boys have an interest in the ambulances. Terri does it for me and enjoys the fellowship with the PCS ppl at the meets but as far as the cars, could care less.
So I'm sure she will make sure they go to a good home probably within 6 hours of my death, or sooner! :pat:

My cars will have to go with me because Terri and the boys have an interest in the ambulances. Terri does it for me and enjoys the fellowship with the PCS ppl at the meets but as far as the cars, could care less.
So I'm sure she will make sure they go to a good home probably within 6 hours of my death, or sooner! :pat:

That Long LOL

Russ

I thought it might be nice for Phil Rishel's and our coach to work at the same location or owned by the same person.

Attachments

• FORUM PICTURE #1.jpg
    FORUM PICTURE #1.jpg
    98.4 KB · Views: 83
Back