junkyard run 3/16

Revisiting a local yard tomorrow that has a '61 Flxible Buick combination, '67 Crown Sovereign endloader, and a '69 limo. For those needing parts (Brian, Jim, John - or anyone else), get back to me before morning. I'll take whatever further pics are required and can check for specific item condition.

dsc03857.jpg

dsc01588e.jpg

dsc01572.jpg

Couple dozen wagons here amidst the 450ish cars. One of those Vista thingies too:

dsc03908g.jpg

The '67 is pretty heavily rotted underneath, as it came out of PA.

The '61 is actually quite solid. Other than a windshield and some rollers - the rest is there. Henry only wants $800 for it and hasn't had any takers since last summer. Only recently he's considered parting.

Hey Atti...I'm actually trying to get through to Henry right now, but his line is busy...I'm planning on taking a trip there. I want to leave Jersey on the 27th. When you see Henry tell him I'm coming!!! haha Thanks again!!

Oil dipstick

I sent you a private message. Not sure if you received it. I've been looking for an oil dipstick for my '67 Cadillac for a long, long time. I'd appreciate it if you look for me tomorrow. Thanks. Jim

junkyarding

My son would like the VistaCruiser. I think it would be terrible for the Flxible to get parted. But until I hit the lottery I know we can't save them all.
Thanks for the pictures.
Any time you find a 61 Cadillac with good front fenders that will fit my 61 Miller-Meteor let me know.
Thanks,
Mike

I can use some side moldings from a 1963 Chrysler 2 or 4 door car. Let me know if there are any there.. thanks Paul

Paul: No '63 Chryslers.

John: There are no Crown scripts - but there are Crown emblems. Didn't receive message until returning.

Brian: Henry stated that he's looking forward to your visit.

Ed: Here's a pic of that $40 molding if you guys decide on it.

dsc07831c.jpg

Jim: Below are pictures of '66 (first) and '67 (second) dipsticks. Doesn't mean each pulled out of the respective cars are correct for that year. They're $10/each when you figure out which is missing.

dsc07832e.jpg

dsc07842.jpg

Mike: Saved perhaps the most interesting update for your son.

Amidst the rain saturated muddy outing, Henry mentioned having 6 Vista Cruisers from '69-71 in the yard! Here are a couple more:

dsc07830h.jpg

dsc07833y.jpg

When I inquired about pricing, he told of a 7th that will arrive by next week and is the best 'builder' option of any. An original gold paint (with woodgrain) '67 that is running & driving. Black interior, factory air, no carpets. Needs brakes to be a patina'd daily driver as is. Henry walked around the '69 present and drew on the rain soaked body describing the incoming '67. Overall quite solid & straight condition; small area on passenger side roof has some rust, driver's side quarter behind wheel opening has a softball size area of rust, and both front floors could use replaced. Clear title, never been hit for $1500. 512.272.4114

Didn't make sense to put in classifieds really as the inquiry was here. ;)

so many parts

I wish that car was closer to washington state I has so many parts that I could use for my fleetwood it has the doors and molding and interior tha same as mine.

Thanks, again Atti. I really appreciate it. Jim, I'm taking a road trip down to that yard at the end of the month. :17875: If that's the correct dipstick that you need from the '67 I'll gladly pick it up for you and ship it to you from Jersey when I get back. Just let me know.

Jim: Below are pictures of '66 (first) and '67 (second) dipsticks. Doesn't mean each pulled out of the respective cars are correct for that year. They're $10/each when you figure out which is missing.

I need one for my '67. I just hope no-one switched them over the years! Can anyone with a '67 Cadillac give me measurements of your oil dipstick to be sure this is what I need? Thank you Attila. If you PM me with your address, I'll send you the $10 plus some extra for shipping and your troubles.

Jim

Thanks, again Atti. I really appreciate it. Jim, I'm taking a road trip down to that yard at the end of the month. :17875: If that's the correct dipstick that you need from the '67 I'll gladly pick it up for you and ship it to you from Jersey when I get back. Just let me know.

That's very nice! For $10, I'll purchase both, one for the '67 (which I need) and a spare for the '66! I really appreciate this. Jim

Jim, if you want me to grab both of them just let me know for sure. It's not a problem at all, and I'm sure the dipsticks will fit in the cargo van I'm renting haha. I'm going to be leaving Jersey on the 27th, so I should be able to ship them to you within the first week of April.

Jim, if you want me to grab both of them just let me know for sure. It's not a problem at all, and I'm sure the dipsticks will fit in the cargo van I'm renting haha. I'm going to be leaving Jersey on the 27th, so I should be able to ship them to you within the first week of April.

Let's go with both. I appreciate this!

Forgot to download these pics out of camera yesterday. When up north after leaving Henry's I stopped by the Goodwill Outlet so my visiting friend could experience that indescribable mayhem. As soon as we walked in, these stretchers were for sale, $50/each obo:

dsc07826.jpg

Pretty funny actually.

Forgot to download these pics out of camera yesterday. When up north after leaving Henry's I stopped by the Goodwill Outlet so my visiting friend could experience that indescribable mayhem. As soon as we walked in, these stretchers were for sale, $50/each obo:

dsc07826.jpg

Pretty funny actually.

Make a great dressing table at the funeral home. :wowguy:

Back