Need a picture:1935 henney/oldsmobile ambulance

Denny Shira - Deceased - 1951 - 2020

June 5, 1951 - January 29, 2020
I am documenting the history of EMS in my fire company for our centennial which is this year.our first rig was a1935 henney oldsmobile,progress line.we do not know if it was a combination or a straight ambulance as it was purchased used for us by the lions club.it was white in color.if anyone has a good picture of a 35 henney olds i would appreciate a copy.the only picture we have is from a newspaper article.it is poor quality and not very clear.:893USA-Smilie-thumb

Check with any newspapers that were around back then. Maybe they have a picture of it upon delivery? That was literally, the only way myself and our historian could get info for a book written about our fire company. Some old minutes, and newspaper archives. Nobody, locally, was willing to share photographs. You know that SOMEONE has to have pictures, but it's hard to get them loaned out. Newspapers likely have an archive of pictures they've taken over the years.

pictures of 1935 henney

thanks,i've already gone that route,but those pictures are very poor,and do not show the rig very clearly.a picture of any 1935 henney oldsmobile would be great,preferrably one without lettering.I'm sure somebody will have something i can use

here's is all I have it is a factory photo you can tell by the numbers in he corner. I have most likely stole, borrowed or been give this photo by some one I do not have the original of it. so I'll pass on a copy to you thanking them for it.

Attachments

• 1935 henny olds.jpg
    1935 henny olds.jpg
    62.9 KB · Views: 278
There is a picture of a 1935 Henney Oldsmobile "Progress" Ambulance on page 204 of Gregg Merksamers book "Professional Cars". I can't post it, but the book is available for under $10 if you do a little looking around.

I ahve an excellent factory photo of a white 1935 Henney Progress ambulance. Send me a PM with your current e-mail address and I'll shoot it off to you.

Back