70 Cadillac Windshield

I know of a really nice one in a '70 M-M 3-Way in a salvage yard in Wisconsin, but neither I nor the owner of the yard are willing to take it out.... especially this time of year. Are you willing/able to travel to get one?

Looking for windshield for 1970 Cad Rescuer.....
Any leads or help would be appreciated.....
HAPPY NEW YEAR !!

A friend has one new $675.00 . Location is Colton/ Riverside So Ca . Pick up only/ Cash. You can call him at 909-825-2079 ask for Richard and tell him you got the info from me Thanks

I know of a really nice one in a '70 M-M 3-Way in a salvage yard in Wisconsin, but neither I nor the owner of the yard are willing to take it out.... especially this time of year. Are you willing/able to travel to get one?

Kurt,
Thank you for the heads up....I understand the dilemma as far as taking it out......
I really dont want to travel too much to find one.....hopefully I can find one a bit more local on the west coast.....
But I will keep it in mind.....
Thanks again,and HAPPY NEW YEAR !!
Jim

A friend has one new $675.00 . Location is Colton/ Riverside So Ca . Pick up only/ Cash. You can call him at 909-825-2079 ask for Richard and tell him you got the info from me Thanks

Daniel,
Thank you for the info......
I will be calling him after New Years.....and see what we can work out....
HAPPY NEW YEAR !!
Jim

You can get one new dropped ship to you not a big deal 100 bucks freight last one I got ran me 550 installed

Ed,
Was that through a private seller or a business ??
If a business... would you share the info ??
The windshield in the "other" 70 is perfect,but like I said I dont want to start tearing it apart robbing it of parts when they are readily available...
Thank you..

Pilkington Glass

Hi Jim...as Ed mentioned, Pilkington Glass has what you need. Call and speak with Al Smith. The number is in the "Recommended Vendors" section.

I got the windshield for my '73 Cadillac/MM from them. Great to deal with and PCS pricing. If I remember correctly it was $550 plus $150 shipping to Vancouver Island direct to my door (I'm sure they can ship it to the glass place of your choice).

Let us know how you make out.

Hi Jim...as Ed mentioned, Pilkington Glass has what you need. Call and speak with Al Smith. The number is in the "Recommended Vendors" section.

I got the windshield for my '73 Cadillac/MM from them. Great to deal with and PCS pricing. If I remember correctly it was $550 plus $150 shipping to Vancouver Island direct to my door (I'm sure they can ship it to the glass place of your choice).

Let us know how you make out.

Thank you Bill !:)

I will give them a ring......HAPPY NEW YEAR to YOU !!!

For shipping, if it is packed well, Greyhound offers a somewhat reasonable shipping rate. Just a suggestion to look at when factoring in price for an estimate.

no matter what always check the vendors section. any one of the people at the Ohio based glass company will assist you. they are set up for truck freight. to a business address is in that 150 rate for up to 3 pieces in the same box. they will normally have the glass in stock of if your looking for one for a 58 like we are will let you know when the next run will be. we were picking on my Daughters lap top when we made the first response. not a handy thing. drop down to who ever your getting to put it in. then ask them. if they are connected you may find that they can get the glass threw there distributer. if not ask them if they can order it from Pinkerton direct. then it's dropped shipped to a business. don't look up ambulance in the glass book ask for hearse or commercial glass. I have a man down town that I get to handle the glass for me. it just easer.

Also don't be afraid to just call a couple local glass places.. I called Pilkington on the windshield for my 60 Superior.. I was told that they are currently waiting for another run.. This i believe and was about to try and get my insurance co to pay for a used one i found on another sight. To my surprise they actually found me one on there own.. I believe i used JN Phillips .. Don't be afraid to just ask around. You might be surprised.. I know i was.

New Windshield

Just a heads up to anyone looking for a windshield for their 1965-70 Cadillac.

I had the pleasure of speaking/ordering a new windshield for my 70 Superior today from Al Smith at Pilkington glass......:)

Mr Smith informed me they have 13 in stock as of today.....and the price was very fair including the shipping.......
$300.00+Tax(Recieved $30.00 PCS discount !!) and $110.00 shipping
He said it would be on a truck tomorrow.......

He said its either feast or famine with those windshields and right now its "feast" time.....:)

Back