'71 Suburban Amb.

Same thing, Cotner-Bevington was a division of Wayne at that point. Here is the full description, for those who might be having trouble seeing eBay's dumb new description format:

THIS IS A NO RESERVE AUCTION!!!

I RESERVE THE RIGHT TO STOP THIS

AUCTION AT ANY TIME AS VEHICLE

HERE IS LISTED ON OTHER SITES, IF

YOU LIKE WHAT YOU SEE CALL ME,

I’M NOT LOOKING FOR THE HIGH

BIDDER JUST SOMEONE TO ENJOY

THE RIDE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

1971 Orig Bonneville Salt Flats Unit F-5 Chevy Suburban C-10 Ambulance Rat Rod Patina Kustom

Here is a great piece of nostalgia history, this 1971 Burb was used as a safety vehicle on the salt flats, you can tell by rust in fenders normal for being on the salt flats, the orig pin striping on the windows, how about the yellow tint so glare would not come off the white salt for better vision, this unit was built in AK by the Cotner-Bevington Div. of Wayne Corp in Blytheville, AK the ambulance shows body # S71 014 seral # 621923 Model Sentamb paint # 521 516 Orange, burb was built in Flint Mi, here is what this burb has to offer the next owner:

Motor: rebuilt 350 w/ mild cam and only 10,000 miles, brand new dual exhaust, brand new fuel cell, elect fuel pump, cost of $3800 on motor and trans

Trans: turbo 400 w/ mild shift kit with only 10,000 miles.

Interior: seat needs to redone, we have new carpet kit door panels, new handles, new under mat for carpet, (needs window reg in passenger door and rear passenger side window $29.00 each) also need center console to house PA for siren(yes it goes with vehicle yes it works) Truck does have A/C needs recharge I'm told by tech R20 type or switch to 134R comp does kit in for front a/c.

Exterior: New tires at all four corners, patina baby, rust in fenders and rear light area we do have replace panels for rear light area if you want it to be a show item, otherwise PATINA, (we have 4 way bubble gum light that goes on top of ambulance it goes with vehicle yes it works) we also have extra red blinking light to replace rear goes with vehicle.

If you drive this to a show you will not see another, and photos get ready every rock a billy girl wants her photo in front of this old school piece of American history. History on the ambulance it was put into service by the county of Las Animas in the city of Trinidad Co 81082 I have orig registration from that city they purchased the unit on 3/25/71 the title number was 05e033793 and had a current plate # of W 699050 EX , then in 2002 I man in Trinidad Co 81082 bought it from the city, it then went on to San Diego calif where the motor and trans where rebuilt and new fuel cell and lines where changed out.

Check out youtube video here : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ghmDpYumMQU&feature=youtu.be

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XEzrLXR4zus

Now for the disclaimers I try to be up front on all vehicle’s I list, the above description is offered up from the owner or builder, all vehicles are sold “AS IS WHERE IS WITH NO WARRENTY EXPRESSED OR IMPLIED” Please take note you are buying an older vehicle and at some point will need repairs. Please ask all questions before bidding. For all questions please contact Joe @ fourjsco@cox.net or 702-400-9276. Thanks for checking out the rides!!

Last edited:
Steve would know better than I would, but I believe the Sentinel was only the 67-72 body style, so they would probably all have a similar body tag, even if the model went into the 73-87 body style. I had a Wayne Vanguard van that had a similar tag, it was a 74.

the CB has the same red and silver tag as all the rest of the C/B's. I have not ever seen on on the 73 up chassis. and have no Ida is they were built in Ark but I would guess they were. the looked the same but of course all the Wyane bodies shared the same materials so why not. this is the only pictures I have of one stated as a CB

Attachments

• 1971 CB senital.jpg
    1971 CB senital.jpg
    90.6 KB · Views: 206
They shared tags because they were built in the same facility. There were no C/B Sentinels (or any C/B Suburban conversions).

tough to get around this one thought. I know that I have seen one other believe a member down south east had it. but I wasn't saving tags then. still could have been built in Ohio and labeled up there. no reason for them to tool up in Ark for the line. you got to love that hand stamping.

Attachments

• 1971 cb tag.JPG
    1971 cb tag.JPG
    93.5 KB · Views: 179
As far as we know, all the Wayne Sentinels were built at Wayne's "Cotner-Bevington Division" plant in Arkansas. None were built in Ohio.

But the Sentinels (Suburbans) were never listed or marketed as Cotner-Bevingtons. They were always sold as Sentinels. In fact, their vans were called Vanguards, regardless of the fact that they were built in the Miller-Meteor plant.

Here, this ad for Wayne products in 1972 should make it all clear as mud.

Attachments

• ad 72Wayne.jpg
    ad 72Wayne.jpg
    98 KB · Views: 157
it would stand to reason they were all built in one plant and not marketed in either brand name only the Wayne name. all would then have the same builders tag under the hood. any one have another one to post a picture of the builders tag? my 72 c/b flier doesn't list the suburban, but the wayn flier list all the MM C/B and suburban and van.

Back