Period correct interiors for mid-'60s coaches

Sarah Snook

PCS Life Member
If you've ever wondered what fabrics, upholstery, and flooring is correct for your mid-'60s coach, feel free to check out my scanned interior pages of my 1966 M-M Dealer Book that I got a few years ago from Dan Scully (thanks again, Dan!). This has actual samples of all of the materials they used back in 1966. The Miller-Meteor dealers would use these books with their customers so they could custom order their car. Though it's an M-M book, the other coachbuilders had similar interiors, so you can still use this as a guide to see what vintage fabric and flooring looks like and what colors were popular back then in cars. Here is a link to it. When you look at each picture, you can really zoom in on it to see the detail of the materials.

-Sarah

It's fun to be able to see your car's fabric and flooring choices. My combo is Celedon Llama interior with Argento Tuscany as the complementary interior choice, Celedon Damask drapes, Grey Saracen floor, and Cascade Green paint.

-Sarah

good interior news

You all should know there may be help in finding the correct material for your coach. Not a close match or something you will settle for, but the factory correct material. I removed a door panel from my 61M-M. The material cover was several inches longer than the panel. M-M just glued the excess and smoothed it down and fit the panel on the doors. I love those guys. All this excess gave me plenty of material to get a sample for sending off to suppliers. One sent back a sample of the EXACT material I sent them. If they have the upholsterly for my 61 maybe they have yours.
SMS AutoFabrics
350 South Redwood St
Canby, OR 97013
www.smsautofabrics.com
They advertise that they have material from 1940 to 1990. They have been in business since 1977
Give them a try. You may be pleasantly surprised.
Good luck,
Mike

Back