whirlwind epic procar weekend

En route back from vacation, I detoured back roads swinging by Cunningham-Hughes FH one last time to shoot the building. Front, down alley, then back (chapel over rear garage/basement - which runs entire building length):

dsc01232hw.jpg

dsc01233h.jpg

dsc01234iu.jpg

Why get off beaten path? Spotted this original '70 Superior about 45 minutes away.

dsc09933u.jpg

dsc09934b.jpg

dsc09936t.jpg

dsc09943t.jpg

Sweet funeral director loves this coach and isn't interested in selling. When asked if this is it's original funeral home, she replied that she and her husband are second owners, that it came with a funeral home they purchased years ago (although that isn't really a clear answer as it can go both ways). Engine rebuilt not 5 years ago and "just purrs". When some rust protrusions started showing through the vinyl top a couple years ago, it stopped seeing service. After mentioning how disappointed she was in calling upholstery shops that didn't know how (or want) to deal with this, I gave her newer site member Stephen Everhart's contact info. His Trimmers Upholstery shop and experience with hearse vinyl tops should be worth the couple hour drive.

The best part? Hearing her speak of how large people have gotten and how this '70 handles bodies better than a newer hearse. Hope they get top handled and start using the old girl again!

Funny side note~ FD happened to be outside when I arrived. The look of confusion on her face seeing another hearse pull in was priceless. When she looked through curtains and saw it packed, I offered to show some of cache from previous weekend. She was familiar with Cunningham-Hughes FH and had no idea there was an auction.

hearse tops

Thanks for the recomendation! I am very excited in becoming a dealer in professional car tops. I need as many customers as possible so I can obtain as many patterns as I can get! Thanks Attila

Back