What kind of stretcher is this?

This one has been posted in the ebay auction section, but the title won't get anyone's attention unless they live in Texas. I'm not re-posting the sale for the sake of reposting the sale, but..........

So what is up with this stretcher? It's advertised as a "two-man mortuary cot". It looks to me like a Model 30 ambulance cot to which someone added wheels, to make it almost like a model 35. See the photo below. Was this something Ferno made?

Link to the sale.

Attachments

• Cot1.jpg
    Cot1.jpg
    29.7 KB · Views: 218
I think ferno came out with it later,some of ours are stryker which have wheels, but closer to the frame,me too is confused,far cry from the old days of 2 man lower to the ground,now they slide it in and trip the lever..pull it out trip the lever and wait for the KA-THUD when the carriage hits the ground,back in the day if we did that we got a kick in the memory bank.:soapbox:P.S.are those wheels white to you???

Last edited:
I'm with you Steve I believe it to be a model 30 that someone added wheels on. Possibly to save the cost of purchasing a model 35-A.

Well WHATEVER it is...... its a GREAT price...:3some:...even if you used it for parts......to bad the owner will NOT ship.......

It does appear to be a modified 30 as opposed to a separate model. I wish I would've known; I was in Fritch this morning.

I got a free model 30 last week, in exchange for doing a mold removal from a local fire house.. 16 x 55gal bags of moldy linen.

So we got this idea for a parade float, Obamacare Ambulance Service. I removed the ability to lift the cot, cut off those pegs that stuck up, and bolted the wheel base to the frame. That way it fits in a small vehicle. I suppose someone did the same to this? Kitbashed.

stretcher

your right. wheels were added. im in tx but fritch is 500 miles from me. this is a deal! good seller. to bad shipping would cost sooo much. even to houston. again, good deal...

It does appear to be a modified 30 as opposed to a separate model. I wish I would've known; I was in Fritch this morning.
Hey, the original thread this was mentioned in was titled: "Anyone in the Fritch Texas Area?" Couldn't have gotten your attention any more directly than that. :657:

your right. wheels were added. im in tx but fritch is 500 miles from me. this is a deal! good seller. to bad shipping would cost sooo much. even to houston. again, good deal...

Kyle,
I had a Ferno 30 shipped by Greyhound from Vancouver BC to Sacramento Calif...about 750 miles......and it was only $135.00....not unreasonable....might check into it....:smiley3:

Back