Saying goodbye ...

Jim Staruk

Super Site Supporter
Super Site Supporter
... to my '72 Superior. The car is on its way to a new home in sunny California. I'll let the new owner anounce who he/she is. I'm really going to miss this one!

Attachments

• '72 3 28.12 #4.jpg
    '72 3 28.12 #4.jpg
    93.5 KB · Views: 842
darn he could have swing by Brendons and grab my 72 to drop off on the way

still the best two times of a pro car mans life, when he gets this new car and when he sells it .

left that 72 out with Brendon just so when I get it back it's like getting a new car

Because I gave up mentioning cars for sale on these forums. Everyone here expects to purchase cars for half of what they're worth, so why bother?

Jim, I understand your point. Generally speaking, many procars don't change hands within the PCS for many reasons, such as price, or timing. But, I really wish I knew about this one! Looks gorgeous! Best of luck to you and the new owner!

I have seen this car several times in person, it was a beautiful New England Fire Dept. ambulance. She will be missed. Best of luck to her new owner.

How disappointing to be placed in a group with Everyone....

yes.

but most of us are tire kickers. there are a few people out there willing to part with the money for a ready to go car. but the word is few. patience and work will get it moved. I myself have never sold a low or high end car here either. never stopped me from offering though. any way to get the word out to the most people for free. the last one I sold for a high end car I did the e-bay route. so I have never offered one her expecting to sell it no matter how many people tell me how much they are worth. those of you that can move one for the high end figures it make me feel good they do so. those of you that spend the high end dollars to get one. makes me feel good you can. I bought one at a dollar amount most people laughed at. been a award winning car. so the it's your car do what you want with it comes into play. for me it's location location location. this carrier did want to swing by SD for any amount of money so my car stays on the east cost. we are having trouble finding anyone to swing past and pick one up to. anyone got a box 6 ft 5 inches high 7 ft wide and 22 feet long that wants to earn a buck or two let me know. of course you will have to endure the 80 deg temps clear skies and sunny weather to do so. strange year we are having

How disappointing to be placed in a group with Everyone....

Sorry Kevin, I didn’t mean to disrespect anyone with my comment, especially you or Danny. I’ve listed several other cars on these forums but never sold any of them here. The only questions I ever received from anyone on these forums were “How much will you sell it to a PCS member for?” I just didn’t want to deal with that question with this ambulance. I knew of someone who was looking for something similar so I contacted him/her privately. I asked for and received exactly what I thought the car was worth. I’m also happy to say the car is still within the PCS “family”.

That's funny---it is not the first time I have heard that PCS members want it at half price! In fact one of our members who has sold cars for 30 years told me that in Pittsburgh. I was surprised. Kevin--I would not take anything personal or feel you are grouped together-it's just an observation of some and it may have some merit. I was surprised when the person told me that because we are the people that love the cars the most!

Incidently-I drove the exact make and model-1972 Cadillac Surp. just like the one being sold - when I served at Memorial Ambulance Service in Bflo. :smileflagcan:

A car is only worth what a buyer is willing to pay, and a seller is willing to accept. Cars being listed on eBay are prime examples of this. As a personal observation of most of the cars that I have looked at, about half never reach the reserve that the seller wants. Doesn't matter if it is a dealer or a individual. The only way that I would buy a car that I can't put my own eyes on, is if I can find someone that I can trust to look at it for me. Many times, even the seller doesn't know the car well enough to give an honest opinion about it.

Sorry Kevin, I didn’t mean to disrespect anyone with my comment, especially you or Danny. I’ve listed several other cars on these forums but never sold any of them here. The only questions I ever received from anyone on these forums were “How much will you sell it to a PCS member for?” I just didn’t want to deal with that question with this ambulance. I knew of someone who was looking for something similar so I contacted him/her privately. I asked for and received exactly what I thought the car was worth. I’m also happy to say the car is still within the PCS “family”.

Jim, I was a heartbeat away from your '67 Superior Rescuer a couple of years ago. When I called, you said it was sold. Not that I wouldn't beat you up on price, I didn't get a chance. Truthfully, I thought that ambulance was a gift. The fact is, I have bought a number of cars from PCS members. I don't know, maybe they are sorry they sold them to me, but the truth is, at least in a few situations, I was the only guy interested at the time.

yes.

but most of us are tire kickers. there are a few people out there willing to part with the money for a ready to go car. but the word is few. patience and work will get it moved. I myself have never sold a low or high end car here either. never stopped me from offering though. any way to get the word out to the most people for free. the last one I sold for a high end car I did the e-bay route. so I have never offered one her expecting to sell it no matter how many people tell me how much they are worth. those of you that can move one for the high end figures it make me feel good they do so. those of you that spend the high end dollars to get one. makes me feel good you can. I bought one at a dollar amount most people laughed at. been a award winning car. so the it's your car do what you want with it comes into play. for me it's location location location. this carrier did want to swing by SD for any amount of money so my car stays on the east cost. we are having trouble finding anyone to swing past and pick one up to. anyone got a box 6 ft 5 inches high 7 ft wide and 22 feet long that wants to earn a buck or two let me know. of course you will have to endure the 80 deg temps clear skies and sunny weather to do so. strange year we are having

Ed, I too like to offer the cars here first. Generally, I have sold them on ebay, with good success. I have sold items and cars to a couple of PCS members on ebay. The professional cars that I have sold to non members of the PCS, have received a gift from me of a one year PCS membership. I think I have gifted four memberships to date and they are still members!

Try 4 Corners Auto Transport out of the state of Washington, at 360 882 2584 and speak to Ellen, or Jeff, they are fabulous! This company recently brought my Flxible in for me. They will get your professional cars moved for you and likely at the best price too! I ship lots of cars everywhere, from the classic car dealership where I work. I have a 1968 Limo going to Wisconsin soon. They get them moved for me, I think they will do it for you.

Back