Will Rename My Son After You for a replacement Driveline Center Support Bearing

That's right. Howie Bruno, 20, Fordham English Major in Bronx, New York, will rename himself after you if you can point me in the right direction to find a Driveline Center Support Bearing for a 1974 Cadillac Commercial Chassis (M/M Criterion if it matters.) The part I'm looking for has two rubber collars visible at the coupling when staring upward at the driveshaft. Thanks!

Drive Shafts by Frank Wallace

1830 Burrows St, San Francisco, CA 94134
(415) 587-1650

Paul Steinberg Bruno isn't happy with his new name!

Paul,

Thank you. I have had some interesting car experiences in my life but visiting "Drive Shafts by Frank Wallace" in San Francisco was one of my most interesting. Inside of a residence is a TWO-STORY machine shop complete with a hidden ramp to allow cars to drive to a lower level AND a rotating floor a' la Batman to allow cars to exit the garage as they came in. It is the most organized and neatly arranged machine shop I have ever seen in my life and in their backyard is rack after rack of, oh, say, a few THOUSAND drive shafts. It's a three generation family business and, Frank, who has a cigarette in one hand and an oxygen mask in the other can swear a blue streak as a greeting with more enthusiasm and humor than any man I have ever met. I will post some pictures and a YouTube link soon. Much appreciated for the tip. My u-joints were found to all be in good shape. Only one had ever been changed. The driveshaft was balanced and has been re-installed. Frank asked me what the scoring was on one part of the driveshaft. I wasn't sure until I remembered Rob Shepard swearing at me a few years ago when I told him I piled about 20 swimmers in the back of the thing on a way to a swim and bottomed out--"YOU IDIOT! IT'S NOT A DUMP TRUCK!!"

so tell me does frank ship or do you have to take your car to him??
but I did the same thig to my 72 cb on a family picnic. we had about 16 in it and grandmother on the gurney. crossed a cattle guard and collapsed the rear springs. took me forever to find a new set.

Back