"Lowrider " Cadillac used by Tucson Funeral home

They were not a factory option, but the dealer could install one if you wanted one added. Fleetwoods, Eldos, Sevilles, and deVille deElegance came with a standing hood ornament. Others just came with the standard wreath and crest mounted on the face of the hood.

I, personally, do not like the look of having duplicate ornaments on a hood. One or the other, but not both.

...they are made for use on hopping cars, so they have to take that kind of force and weight of a full size car dropping in excess of 6-8 feet in the air.

Good point, but what is the point of the hopping in the first place? It seems like the expenditure of a lot of effort and resources for nothing.

Good point, but what is the point of the hopping in the first place? It seems like the expenditure of a lot of effort and resources for nothing.

You know the old expression "If you have to ask, you probably wouldn't understand?" I think this one falls under that umbrella. Just like all the poeple who say "Why on God's green earth would you want to drive a HEARSE!?!" You just gotta want one. Or you just gotta wanna hop. Just one of those weird things people have to do.

Well........I'VE never been able to see the point of a car that hops!:eek:

There's a terrible irony to this statement, being as your last name is HOPPING. I kind of thought your family may have been the inventors of the hobby!!! :D

When you get right down to the nuts and bolts of it, the only car customizations that have a "point" are the ones that happen to professional vehicles - upgraded suspension on police cars, building a tiny cathedral on the back of a Cadillac to cart around dead folks, raising the top of a van for carting around the close-to-dead, etc. The rest, I guess, is just about personal preference.

How many people on this website have as much invested enough money into a 1960's car that gets horrendous gas mileage and is prone to vandalism as they could have invested in a brand new, sensible family sedan with a warranty and 30+ mpg? It's just about the love of the car, the game, the sport, the hobby. I get it, and I respect it. I've bought stereos, amps, wheels, tires, decals, vinyls, paint, specialty lighting, specialty interior kits, and all kinds of stupid stuff for customizing my cars and trucks over the years. I just don't see how any of it really has a "point," you just feel the need and you do it. It is a little harder to understand if you're not an african american, so you don't related to huge wheels - or you're not latino, so you didn't grow up with murals and lowrider wheels - or you're not white, so you didn't grow up thinking that an I-Roc Camaro was the BEST thing on the planet. But I repsect it all. It's part of our cultures, depending on what culture we call home. It's just something somebody feels compelled to do. And I dig it.

find me that sensible family sedan that gets 30 mpg I can get 6 people in to in comfort and I'll have one in my garage. both ford and GM dropped the one they had in early 2000. but then the ford really never got over 24. people do stupid things with there money that's a fact. and we do it because we can. even those of us that think we are poor do it. most of us have more money in our cars then a lot of people in this world will make in a lifetime. we simply do it because we want to, then toss it away and move on to the next because we can project. that's America and the free world I'll not apologize for my lifestyle to anyone. but hey man you really do some stupid things with your car. ;) I say that because I can. :thumbsup:

Ed my godson has a Toyota Prius claims 50 MPG cost him over 30K says I am nuts with my Crown Vics and long door town car best they get like you say is 24 mpg. However between the two 03 Crown Vics and the 06 Town Car I have a total of 11K in all three and have owned them for four years and combined miles on the three over 100K. My maintenance bill on the three is less Than $1500.00. I tell hiim I can buy a lot of gas for $16000.00 AND I have room comfort and safety. Too bad cars like these are gone.

My maintenance bill on the three is less Than $1500.00. I tell hiim I can buy a lot of gas for $16000.00 AND I have room comfort and safety. Too bad cars like these are gone.

Same reason I keep driving a 1993 Buick Roadmaster. I've had it almost six years, and I bought it for $1800. I think I might have $800 in repairs over six years in the car, if that much. You got to love the ones that were built right.

Actually the 91 to 93 Roadmaster/Brougham/Caprice are more reliable than the 94 to 96 LT1 cars not as quick or as much fun. BUT simple throttle body engine with belt driven water pump NO optispark and reliable 700R4 trans.. If you want a low $$$ driver one of these or a 98 to 2011 Crown Vic is the way fly.

very true the 3800 would roll out 32 without trying on 87 gas. the ford product were dependable once you figured out the drill the hole in the 3 barrel but only good for mid 20s. my dad her mom had a mercury. I had a ltd. Mom had a 88.

the point is they had them. by 05 nothing got over 25 buy 14 you can't get a 6 passenger 4 door sedan from anyone. this is progress.

speaking of progress is there doubt in anyone's mind now that they can manipulate the market to get any price they want on Oil.

Back