Happy Holidays

Here’s wishing all a safe and happy holiday season.

Due to family commitments, I was not able to do too much this season, but external items included masking and spraying the blue stripe and installing and lighting the front sign
(the word “Ambulance” is washed out in the photo). I also have the white translucent plastic for the side signs. Over the winter I hope to fit the translucent blanks into the round
cornered chrome frames and have the lettering installed.

This year I was accompanied by my wife and also my grandson who is also an EMT. His current ride is a 1995 Cadillac Eldorado.

Attachments

• 12-1-18 small.jpg
    12-1-18 small.jpg
    200.6 KB · Views: 171
The car looks great. As for the signs, they started with a clear piece of plastic, and using a "mask", the red translucent paint was put on the back of the plastic. Once that dried, the white was sprayed over both the letters and the rest of the plastic. This is how it was explained to me by my local sign company. I have been after him to do 3 signs that say "ambulance" for a number of years now. He did tell me that the cost of the paint is very expensive, and that is why he hasn't done them yet. The problem today, is that very few signs are done with the translucent paint, and the set up is costly also.

Paul,
You all have had many opportunities to buy NOS Superior original reverse-painted front & rear lighted signs over the past 2-3 years as Knisley's estate was sold off. They were priced very reasonably and were on eBay frequently over the course of about a year. I bought several that read "Ambulance", and "Emergency". Ya snooze, ya lose!

Paul,
You all have had many opportunities to buy NOS Superior original reverse-painted front & rear lighted signs over the past 2-3 years as Knisley's estate was sold off. They were priced very reasonably and were on eBay frequently over the course of about a year. I bought several that read "Ambulance", and "Emergency". Ya snooze, ya lose!

It wasn't a high priority then, nor is it now. The 1978 languishes waiting for Ron Devies to give it a new home.

Back