Darryl's '74 Superior 54"

Either way, sure is a pretty car. I never thought of myself as a yellow fan, but that combination pops! I love it.

Do not take this question the wrong way, as Im just curious. Coming from a state that must have a title to register a car, how do you prove ownership of a car that has or never had a title?
Yes, we can register a non title car, but we have to get a bonded title for one and one half the value of the car, it can get expensive and three years for the bond to expire, but it can be done.

Original purchase order > Bill of Sale > Bill of Sale > Bill of Sale = Lineage of ownership from new.

There is a major difference in buying from original purchasers than buying from a 3rd party scrap / junk yard with bill of sale. The only thing that changes the deal with a scrapper is if they have the original purchase order and can prove lineage as stated above.

Original purchase order > Bill of Sale > Bill of Sale > Bill of Sale = Lineage of ownership from new.There is a major difference in buying from original purchasers than buying from a 3rd party scrap / junk yard with bill of sale. The only thing that changes the deal with a scrapper is if they have the original purchase order and can prove lineage as stated above.

So would the current owner have to have every bill of sale since new, of just from previous owner? Please excuse my ignorance on this subject, Im asking to gain knowledge of how a non title state works.

Every State has their own rules with regard to how you title any vehicle when it comes from another state or country no matter if you have a title , bill of sale or a multiple bills of sale. Some require third party verification of VIN number,Notarized bill of sale or invoice,Police verification of VIN number,DMV inspection,and on and on YMMV. The only way to know what flys or does not is go to your nearest DMV and ask if no DMV close by a State Legislators Office is the next best bet. They have been trying for years for a national set of rules for MV and title rules but so far the brick wall. Know what you need before you buy not after the pleasant lady at DMV says Sir..........

that is what trips everyone up. for me if I had a bill of sale from a seller in VA since Virginia is a title state I could not title it in SD. I would have to have a Virginia title to do so and there is no wiggle room here. the address on the bill of sale was VA I would have to have a title. the bill of sale would have to be from a state that doesn't title to us it here. but as I'm not buying it's only tossed out for information. as Peter stated you need to check you own state laws on how this would work for you. even moving into SD with property from another state can get bogged down. got a neighbor that is having trouble with his Texas boat.

Back