when are caddy parts not caddy parts

John ED Renstrom

PCS Member
Super Site Supporter
the answer is of course when they are on a pro car. learned that again today.
when we got the 63 here there were a lot of parts sent with the car. a good set of rear bumper ends were in that box. the ones off the car were rough so after looking them over I sent the replacement ends in with the stuff to be re plated. went to put things together today and decided on a test fit first. discovered that the standard caddy ends have a ear on them that the pro cars don't. we could have sliced this off before we sent them in but now we are stuck either re plating this set or sending in the others. anyone one want a sharp set of bumper ends for a 63 caddy??

Attachments

• IMG_9907a.jpg
    IMG_9907a.jpg
    54.8 KB · Views: 171
  • IMG_9908a.jpg
    IMG_9908a.jpg
    90.2 KB · Views: 176
  • IMG_9906a.jpg
    IMG_9906a.jpg
    67.8 KB · Views: 178
If you take some tape and tape all the chrome of with a couple of layers to be safe. Then take a cut off wheel and slowly run back and forth and give it some time you should be able to do it with out screwing up the chrome. Then throw some paint on the edge you cut. I know that sucks but it can be done.

hack saw will work to. it just a stright cut but the probem is it will show up on either inside courner every time you open the back door. back door. what I get from not stacking them on top of one another before I sent them off. but hoping to just sell them for enough to replat the others. if this was just under they would have been cut off and the bumper on.

Back