1970 caddy commercial chassis door jamb switch

John Zicha

PCS Member / EMT / PARAMEDIC
I've tried every combination of words possible and can't come up with a picture for the door switches in our superior ambulance. Is it a Cadillac part? Or did superior remove the Cadillac part and put these in? These are in all of the doors including the rear door. Driver side door has 2 of them.

Attachments

• 20180228_222245.jpg
    20180228_222245.jpg
    93.7 KB · Views: 212
That switch was made by Cuttler Hammer. It is marked on the switch CH, which many people think is the mark for Cole Hersee. At one time, I also thought that, but after speaking to Tom Caserta, who worked for Miller Meteor, did I learn this fact. The switch is common to most of the body builder cars. Prior to talking to Tom, I went to Cole Hersee in Boston, and they said that it wasn't one of their products.

Once again, a wealth of info. Seems to be Model# 8406K3. Just bought the last pack of 3 on eBay for 19.99!!! We'll see.
Thanks so much!

Actually spelled "Cutler-Hammer", if you are searching on-line. Huge name in electronics. My employer repairs a ton of C-H electronics. Touch screens, etc.

Thanks the word i had was they were no longer around. Glad to see they are still made. Now remember superior built the body on that car. Not cadillac. Superior used some off the shelf GM parts but like these inline switches they function differently the the Automotive jam switch. So now i wounder if the spacers are still around. I would guess so

Last edited:
I don't know that these are still in production. They are most likely obsolete.

Cutler-Hammer is still around though.

The CH catalog is about 3" thick, and there are 2 volumes! That is just the normal stuff that is sold through electrical supply houses, and there is even more that those 2 volumes don't address.

I Drop the seller a note. He may Have a few he is trickling out, Or not. I got 3 from him and asked for more he said he was out. But that will take care of the warn out ones on the rear door of the 72 and the 67. If they are just corroded the evapo-rust will clean that up. But the heavy used ones the brass inside gets warn out.

I Drop the seller a note. He may Have a few he is trickling out, Or not. I got 3 from him and asked for more he said he was out. But that will take care of the warn out ones on the rear door of the 72 and the 67. If they are just corroded the evapo-rust will clean that up. But the heavy used ones the brass inside gets warn out.
The ones that are pictured above are the ones that I bought 2 days ago from that seller.

I don't foresee a need for 25 of anything at this point in my life!

How many more are you needing??

Back