Friends of the Professional Car Society - Official Website of the Professional Car Society, Inc.Friends of the Professional Car Society - Official Website of the Professional Car Society, Inc.

Go Back   Friends of the Professional Car Society - Official Website of the Professional Car Society, Inc. > Classifieds Forum Open to the Public > Wanted

Wanted All responses to these posts, such as price, etc. should be done by Private Message or eMail. Posts may be removed after 30 days or at our discretion. Posting in this forum is limited to PCS Members and / or Site Supporters. We encourage all website users to become members of the Professional Car Society and / or become Site Supporter.

Old 09-20-2017, 12:01 AM
PCS Member

Thanked 2,670 Times in 1,264 Posts
Groans: 1
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Rear Heater/Fan Control Panel For 68 Superior Pontiac

All I have is a hole with some wires sticking out, it sits on passenger side rear, next to forward facing jumpseat. Anyone have one they would sell, or trade?
Attached Images

Past Northeast Chapter President
Past BoD Member
Co-Chair PCS 1999 Lancaster Meet

And I have to say that I enjoyed every minute of it!
Old 09-20-2017, 12:11 AM
PCS Past President / Senior Website Administrator

Thanked 11,163 Times in 3,621 Posts
Groans: 0
Groaned at 9 Times in 9 Posts

There was someone that was selling exactly what you are looking for about 2 weeks ago. Surprised that you didn't buy it when you have been looking for this part for over a year now. I think that it was sold. Pontiac and Cadillac are both the same, or if not, very similar, and I doubt that anyone would know the difference.

http://professionalcarsociety.org/fo...ad.php?t=20600
Bill Marcy (09-20-2017)
Old 09-20-2017, 12:41 AM
PCS Member

Thanked 4,642 Times in 2,125 Posts
Groans: 7
Groaned at 1 Time in 1 Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul Steinberg View Post
There was someone that was selling exactly what you are looking for about 2 weeks ago. Surprised that you didn't buy it when you have been looking for this part for over a year now. I think that it was sold. Pontiac and Cadillac are both the same, or if not, very similar, and I doubt that anyone would know the difference.

No, they are definitely NOT the same, as Bill already knows.
The Following User Says Thank You to Kurt Arends For This Useful Post:
Bill Marcy (09-20-2017)
Old 09-20-2017, 08:40 AM
PCS Member

Thanked 1,102 Times in 390 Posts

I think you are looking to one like mine. Sorry I only have one. Let me check in JM's boxes who knows
The Following User Says Thank You to Martin Harvey For This Useful Post:
Bill Marcy (09-20-2017)
Old 09-20-2017, 08:57 AM
PCS Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul Steinberg View Post

Actually, I bought lots of items from that 68 Superior Cadillac ambulance, that switch panel among them. As Kurt said, it is not the same. I sure wish I had seen the one that was for sale, because I would have grabbed it.
Past BoD Member

Old 09-20-2017, 09:00 AM
PCS Past President / Senior Website Administrator

Thanked 11,163 Times in 3,621 Posts
Groaned at 9 Times in 9 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurt Arends View Post
No, they are definitely NOT the same, as Bill already knows.
Even if it isn't the same, at least it would have covered the hole. Something is better than nothing.
Old 09-20-2017, 12:32 PM
PCS Elected Director

Thanked 13,664 Times in 5,765 Posts
Groans: 2
Groaned at 3 Times in 3 Posts

They are not the same as all the options were not the same. This car should have a rear fan switch and the center done light switch. Maybe rear ac. It would not have the push button for the safety latch as the doors open from the rear. The switches would be the same for the controls. Not knowing if the poncho has the rear ac or not the first task would be to find what wires did what put the nessary switches on them and cut a aluminum plate the size of the impression . Bor the holes for the switches and the screws and cover the hole while you look around for the proper superior plate. You may never find one but fill the hole and having thinks work will move the car in a better direction.

I know just for difficult is is for you Bill to do these things. If you can cut a cardboard the right size use a ice pick to punch the screw holes in the courners pull the correct switches off the ambulance plate you have I will make you a switch mounting plate . Or just send me the ambulance plate with the cardboard template and let me know the switches you need in yours. The switches use a different size hole that is why the other cover would need easer to use for a pattern. You can get the correct hole size and spacing from it. It will lack the scrip and scroll work of the superior one but how many of them you see that had the warn off paint covered over with lable maker tape
Bill Marcy (09-20-2017)
Old 09-20-2017, 06:39 PM
PCS Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by John ED Renstrom View Post
They are not the same as all the options were not the same. This car should have a rear fan switch and the center done light switch. Maybe rear ac. It would not have the push button for the safety latch as the doors open from the rear. The switches would be the same for the controls. Not knowing if the poncho has the rear ac or not the first task would be to find what wires did what put the nessary switches on them and cut a aluminum plate the size of the impression . Bor the holes for the switches and the screws and cover the hole while you look around for the proper superior plate. You may never find one but fill the hole and having thinks work will move the car in a better direction.

I know just for difficult is is for you Bill to do these things. If you can cut a cardboard the right size use a ice pick to punch the screw holes in the courners pull the correct switches off the ambulance plate you have I will make you a switch mounting plate . Or just send me the ambulance plate with the cardboard template and let me know the switches you need in yours. The switches use a different size hole that is why the other cover would need easer to use for a pattern. You can get the correct hole size and spacing from it. It will lack the scrip and scroll work of the superior one but how many of them you see that had the warn off paint covered over with lable maker tape
Thanks Ed, that is a wonderful offer! BTW, my Pontiac has no AC.
Past BoD Member

Old 09-20-2017, 09:55 PM
PCS Elected Director

Now I have seen them with a chrome button in the empty hole also. So they could have use one like on the 67 here the only difference would be the safety lock disconnect button.
Old 09-20-2017, 10:08 PM
PCS Elected Director

Now there should be two wires hot. On hot all the time is the done light. The one hot with the switch on is the heater Bower power wire. . You can't go wrong if you touch the wires togather on at a time. Us a test light find the power wire hot with the switch off. Then touch it to the other loose wires one at a time till the dome light comes on. You get a wrong one all that will happen Is the blower comes on. If nothing happens with one that one should be the hot wire that is switched. If you mark the wires as to there fuction putting them on the switch will be simple .remember superior liked to wire the car with one color wire. so sorting them is a trial and error.
Bill Marcy (09-21-2017)