Bo Pounds's 37 Lasalle

I am sure Bo would want me to post this picture of the 37 I sold him last year as he just finished and she turned out great.

That ambulance is Oh My God Gorgeous! I really admire the people with the interest to restore these professional cars so beautifully. How lucky we all are, to have people like Bo among us. When these rare cars are saved and restored, we all benefit. So, thank you Bo Pounds for your beautiful restorations and in this case, thank you Danny Ryder for finding and selling this ambulance to Mr Pounds.

Bo Knows!

Great job! What a vision to see this beautiful ambulance emerge from being a plain black hearse. Makes me want to see more of your collection, I can not imagine what you have assembled even though you told me about each one. :stars: Bo, what stuck in my mind out of your museum were the Ford Amble wagons. My favorite years the late 50 Fords. Is the La salle done? Any detailing? I vote for the LaSalle as next TPC centerfold!!

hey Danny,
Car does look awesome! could you post a picture of what it looked like before you sold it to him??
Thanks,
Dana.

Where did he get the cabinetry and attendant seats?

Steve, cabinets were factory even though it was a straight hearse, attendant seat he added but don't know where he got it from. Dana, here are some pictures before, she was a beauty before all this too. Have lots of pictures before if anyone needs to see anypart of it.

Attachments

• l1r.jpg
    l1r.jpg
    42.6 KB · Views: 389
  • l11r.jpg
    l11r.jpg
    37.8 KB · Views: 385
I'm not really comfortable raising a voice of dissent here, but -- as pretty as this car is, and it's admittedly spectacular -- I'm truly dismayed to see a perfectly original 1937 Miller-LaSalle hearse converted into something it never was. This wasn't some rotted-out hulk rat-rod candidate: it was a nice, straight, authentic funeral coach that managed to survive for three-quarters of a century and could have been easily restored to perfection. What a shame....Walt McCall

37 lasalle

:clap:well, if had owned it i would have restored it to original. but in saying that i would not have had the vision to bring it to were it is now. i would have been SCARED to. but looking at this beautifull ambulance i say job well done!! i like it and would be proud to drive it, show it and own it. BEAUTIFULL CAR!!!

I'm not really comfortable raising a voice of dissent here, but -- as pretty as this car is, and it's admittedly spectacular -- I'm truly dismayed to see a perfectly original 1937 Miller-LaSalle hearse converted into something it never was. This wasn't some rotted-out hulk rat-rod candidate: it was a nice, straight, authentic funeral coach that managed to survive for three-quarters of a century and could have been easily restored to perfection. What a shame....Walt McCall

I fully understand Walt's point. I would not have did this either but Bo does top notch work on his cars. At least it looks correct for the era it is from.

Walt

I think your opinion and point is well taken and respected.

I agree with you saying how you feel and I agree.

I always say, say it how it is or how you feel on whatever topic it is.
That's what makes people the person they are.

I know Bo is a ambulance guy and it is his car to do whatever he wants and he did.

I would say there are likely very few ambulances from the 30's and likely very few in that condition. I'm sure to him that was a fantastic find for his needs or wants.

The thing I admire about Bo is his ability to restore and preserve cars to the extreme he goes during a restoration. No expense spared and everything to perfect standards. We all wish we could do the same.

I think the job done on this car is outstanding but as a hearse guy myself, I would have liked it to have remained a hearse as well.

Amazing work and the car does look like a thing of beauty.
I would love to see it in person at some point. The paint work looks flawless.

I would say to the average car guy, they wouldn't care about the conversion and I feel more people would rather see this as a ambulance than a hearse.

All hearses have that "death" association and sits uneasy with a lot of people but not to many people have any issues with ambulances.

We can admire it for it's condition and the fact that it is still a outstanding professional car !

Bo has a fantastic car, a incredible collection and a lot of admirers without question.

I hope he keep restoring and adding to his collection.

Darren

AMEN, Brother Walt!

Walt

I think your opinion and point is well taken and respected.

I agree with you saying how you feel and I agree.

I always say, say it how it is or how you feel on whatever topic it is.
That's what makes people the person they are.

I know Bo is a ambulance guy and it is his car to do whatever he wants and he did.

I would say there are likely very few ambulances from the 30's and likely very few in that condition. I'm sure to him that was a fantastic find for his needs or wants.

The thing I admire about Bo is his ability to restore and preserve cars to the extreme he goes during a restoration. No expense spared and everything to perfect standards. We all wish we could do the same.

I think the job done on this car is outstanding but as a hearse guy myself, I would have liked it to have remained a hearse as well.

Amazing work and the car does look like a thing of beauty.
I would love to see it in person at some point. The paint work looks flawless.

I would say to the average car guy, they wouldn't care about the conversion and I feel more people would rather see this as a ambulance than a hearse.

All hearses have that "death" association and sits uneasy with a lot of people but not to many people have any issues with ambulances.

We can admire it for it's condition and the fact that it is still a outstanding professional car !

Bo has a fantastic car, a incredible collection and a lot of admirers without question.

I hope he keep restoring and adding to his collection.

Darren

Couple important points made Darren, Bo is an ambulance guy and that is all he wants. One reason he wanted this car so bad was same year he was born and like you said not many ambulances from back then left. He told me in the list of cars from PCS roster only three combo's from that era being one 36, 37, and one 38. He had looked for over 20 years for this car and is more proud of it than any other he has. He said he will bring this car and one more to WI next year for PCS international. I am glad Bo is with us and his excitement for the hobby is hard to surpass.

Danny wrote:

Couple important points made Darren, Bo is an ambulance guy and that is all he wants. One reason he wanted this car so bad was same year he was born and like you said not many ambulances from back then left. He told me in the list of cars from PCS roster only three combo's from that era being one 36, 37, and one 38. He had looked for over 20 years for this car and is more proud of it than any other he has. He said he will bring this car and one more to WI next year for PCS international. I am glad Bo is with us and his excitement for the hobby is hard to surpass.

Danny

I was honored to hand out the Michigan Chapter award to Bo last meet and I'm sure he will be getting another award or more for this car too.

Nice to know a little more background on his story and car as well.

Another thing I can relate to is waiting for that special car. I knew what I wanted and it took from 1993 to about 2010 to find mine.
I am thrilled to say the least !

I could imagine how Bo must feel with his pride and joy finished and in his collection !!!

I'm not sure how long it will be until I can do the restoration mine needs but until them I will just be happy with having it.

Thanks for sharing,
Darren

Granted, it's his car, but...

I fully understand Walt's point. I would not have did this either but Bo does top notch work on his cars. At least it looks correct for the era it is from.

I would assume that a ton of money was spent on modifying (as opposed to restoring) this nice old hearse. The least he could've done was replicate a period correct ambulance design in the rear side windows. The '72-ish M-M clones he used don't "fit" at all.

Attachments

• LaSalle.jpg
    LaSalle.jpg
    7.3 KB · Views: 191
Back