dimples out

John ED Renstrom

PCS Member
Super Site Supporter
my son came down yesterday to take out the dimples in the 92. spent about 8 hr on the hood yesterday. then finished up today. so we now have the car with out any dents even the two in it when I got it and 5 or 6 that come from GM. look better then new now.

Attachments

• IMG_5538a.jpg
    IMG_5538a.jpg
    78.3 KB · Views: 220
  • IMG_5540a.jpg
    IMG_5540a.jpg
    63.7 KB · Views: 216
  • IMG_5543a.jpg
    IMG_5543a.jpg
    76.7 KB · Views: 219
  • IMG_5544a.jpg
    IMG_5544a.jpg
    54 KB · Views: 228
  • IMG_5570a.jpg
    IMG_5570a.jpg
    60 KB · Views: 224
  • IMG_5574a.jpg
    IMG_5574a.jpg
    74.7 KB · Views: 226
  • IMG_5578a.jpg
    IMG_5578a.jpg
    81.8 KB · Views: 220
forgot this one here of the hood on the stand after he was done with it. the advantage of the paint less dent repair is the cars look now like it did. had we worked them out with the grinder, torch or just filled them and repainted you going to have that old paint new paint look.. yes you back buff the two till then look the same. but here is all this hail repaired in two days and the car is in better condition then when it got hit. we need to change out a few moldings is all. my son has left me his old stand and a number of the tools. I'll practice on the GEO. we can see if we can get on to how to do it. your never to old to learn new tricks

Attachments

• IMG_5559a.jpg
    IMG_5559a.jpg
    49 KB · Views: 175
I've got to hand it to those who have that kind of patience. We got hit here in Phoenix with a bad storm a few years ago and our car, along with hundreds of others, got damaged.

In to town came the roving storm chasers and set up. I dealt with a local dealer to get it repaired and amazingly I found it perfect two days later. In retrospect I'm sure the dealer subbed it out.

Again, nothing but respect to those who do that kind of work.

that what my son does in the summer. he will hook up to a body shop and the cars run threw them. then he gets paid as a sub contractor. makes it easier to keep the books that way

ED, looks like a lot of work and patience (of course, like any good job), and with the disassembly, hours, and reassembly, what would a job like this run if you were a normal customer.

in this case I was a normal customer. my son just ran it threw his business. same as any one. there were in excess of 100 hits on the hood alone. it wan't my money I was spending and we all got to eat. he had about 16 hr in the repair. had we not been BS most of time he could have cut off a few. he charged me 2000. for the job I have a quote of 1200 to do the top. then 75 bucks each to do 4 moldings. so all total I have spend 3500 of the 5400 state farm gave me for the car. mines the 700 I had to pay them to buy it back. I have paid a lot more then that for a rough car, put more then that in it to get it to were this one is now. that leaves me enough to pay for the insurance on the house and the 8 cars for the next year. you got to love hail everyone makes out. while we are at it we'll put a windshield in this one also. it will make someone a nice car it might even be me. sure in no hurry to see it go. I asked them to let me get estimates and have them pay for the damage or up to the dollar about that would totale it. but they would only totale. but we have now at least established a value for the car.

i used the paintless dent removal guys before. pretty expensive. i spent $800 removing hail dents.

but did you get a quote on the conventional method. the last time I dropped in and asked a shop how much to paint the lower half of a car it was 6,000.

none of this stuff is cheap any more and things are just getting worse as more and more people leave the work force. the idea planted in peoples head that the only way to make money is get a student loan and go to college is a myth crammed down people, by people making money off people, using some one elses money as their's.

your not going to solve the immigration problem until people that bought into the myth admit they got taken by a slick willie. that flooding the country with people willing to work with there hands cheaply to make it appear that there job in the cube farm is above labors wages. those people are only doing sub standard work to grab what money they can and go back home to live as they have after they can't trade muscle for money any more.

you want quality work you pay a quality man his asked for wages. if you want to make good money in this country you learn to work with your hands. thats were the good money is. it's then up to you to manage your money. cause if you got any there is always some slick willie wanting to help you manage it so he can loan it to some one else and on and on but enough of the soap box, how about that James fella going back to the Browns.

Back