Earle c. Anthony packard dealership

Mike McDonald

PCS Member
Do any of you know anything about the (family) of the famous Earle C. Anthony Packard Dealership in Los Angeles?

Fallbrook, the small town (in San Diego County) I grew up in had a large landowner-weekend resident from the late 30's thru the late 50's by the name of ARTHUR ANTHONY. In his bio-profile at the local historical society, he is only referred to as a "wealthy car dealer from Los Angeles". In other information though it shows that he (solely) donated (3-Used) Henney-Packard Ambulances, a '39, '42, and a 1951 to the Fallbrook Fire Department. In 1954, Fallbrook VFD bought a brand new H-P Senior Ambulance that we are restoring now. Also the Berry-Bell Mortuary in Fallbrook ONLY had H-P Hearses and Service Cars up until 1956. I am curious if ARTHUR was a Brother, Son or other relative of Earle C. Anthony? THX-MM

I would try www.ancestry.com and put in the name, birthdate, and whatever other information that you can garner, and you will find your answer. If he was famous and wealthy, try the archives of the local newspaper for a few days after his death. There should be a death announcement in the paper, and that usually tells the relationship of close family members.

Back