Rhode Island Flooding

Brendan Martin

PCS Member
This isn't really pro-car related but it is newsworthy. Last night and today brought unprecedented rainfall to Southeastern Massachusetts, and especially Rhode Island. For the second time in 2 weeks I have spent my day pumping water out of the basement. Many people in parts of Cranston, and Warwick RI have suffered severe water damage to their home first on the weekend of March 13 and now today. I had about 2 inches in the basement and I consider myself "LUCKY." Suddenly all snow we had doesn't seem so bad. Richard I may be heading to Fla. when I retire!

I guess everyone's getting some severe weather this year, of one sort or another.

Not everyone, at least not yet. Unless you count the temps here are 25 degrees higher than normal. Its supposed to reach 80 here tomorrow!:puking: I cant wait until winter gets here again. :snow_smi:

I always wondered why they call it Rhode Island, since it really is connected to Massachussettes............ until yesterday when it actually became an island... Hope that all is well now and that things are starting to dry out...

saw the pictures on the news last night. makes you want to have a house on stilts. thats a lot of rain in anyone's book. we are pulling for you want me to send some sand bags.

Well the rain has stopped, my basement did get some water, but nothing I couldn't handle with a sump pump and a shop vac, but some people did not fair so well. At the fire dept we have been pumping out basements at about 80-120 a day. Anxiously waiting for summer.

Back