1965 Pontiac

Mike Owens

PCS Member
When I started in funeral service in 1968, the funeral home I worked for had a 1965 Superior Pontiac Limo Combination coach. I seemed to recall a chrome band band across the top (Crown?). Would love to see some pics of this car, and in white would make my day...?

Did you look through the Pontiac thread on this site?

The roof band - at the forward edge of the D pillar - was called a Tiara.

Thanks Mr. Jack as always. Close enough, as a high school kid I washed that beauty a lot. As a combo, after a funeral service we would take the casket roller tray out and put the 4-lamp Beacon Ray back on and flip the jump seats up. Usually was #3 ambulance out for emergency runs, but normally used on convalescent trips. Single tone mechanical siren under the hood, v shaped zippers in the roof to tighten Beacon Ray down.
What year is this one?

'66, and your routine mirrored mine, including the high school thing, but with a 2-beam beacon on a '65 Consort, their last combo since they stopped ambulance service that year. Shown with the late owner, the gray straight '70 Consort, I learned in Mr. McPherson's Superior history, was one of only seven. Either it, or one remarkably like it, appears on page 347.

A man made a left turn in front of me circa 1976, and the inevitable happened. It was repaired and returned to service. The day it came back one of the employees found it low on brake fluid, so he added some, and put the brake fluid can on the freshly-painted hood. Back to the paint booth! I thought the owner was going to skin him alive!:eek: The Chevy station wagon in the background was a great removal car - tailgate disappeared under the frame.

On some of the other pics I saw Bonneville lettered down the driver's side rear quarter panel, but I can't say I remember that on our coach. I do remember the air vent on the driver's side rear as our garage situation was close on door width and that's all I'm sayin' about that. :eek:

Who Owns That Beautiful Car?????

Oh that's right me! Here are some more pics.

Attachments

• 313.jpg
    313.jpg
    97.8 KB · Views: 289
  • 100_0677.jpg
    100_0677.jpg
    95.8 KB · Views: 292
  • 100_0723.jpg
    100_0723.jpg
    93.1 KB · Views: 376
  • 100_0739.jpg
    100_0739.jpg