1989 Cadillac Brougham Flower Funeral Car

1989 Cadillac Brougham Flower Funeral Car 25K Miles TIME CAPSULE! 5.0 V8 Cold AC http://www.ebay.com/itm/Cadillac-Br...SwtnpXnBAb&item=152186740987&autorefresh=true

I tried to get white wall tires in a 15" but the guys at the tire store looked at me like I had three heads and all I could get was black walls. So, the new tires have 1000 miles on them.

Hell I can sell him some tires .:rolleyes:

Hankook Optimo H724
P 235 /75 R15 108S XL WW (10986)
Store Distance Status
America's Tire
20154 Us Highway 18
Apple Valley, California 92307
(760) 946-4609
7.9 miles 9
In Stock
America's Tire
15790 Main St
Hesperia, California 92345
(760) 244-8881
9.7 miles 16
In Stock
America's Tire
12287 Mariposa Rd
Victorville, California 92395
(760) 241-3323
11.4 miles 10
In Stock
America's Tire
15669 Roy Rogers Dr
Victorville, California 92394
(760) 955-1570
11.6 miles 5
In Stock

Looks like crap with the wires and black wall tires. He, obviously, did not search too hard for white walls. Began life as a Brougham.

good year as they don't have the digital dash.

"Good Year"...Been trying to figure out why? It has the low horse 5.0 V8 carburated version but, it's impossible to boost the h.p. according to my mechanic. He said, you can drop a bundle but, it will only gain 15hp. It's just a 4 dr Brougham conversion, not a true flower car.
I spoke to him, as I've had 2 flower cars, and asked him if he could PROVE the mileage with an 'actual mileage' title? Haven't got a clear answer... yet. Also "doesn't know", if it's original paint? I told him to look for tape lines or overspray! The condition displayed in the pic's sure 'looks like' 24k mi. but, somehow the crushed glovebox looks like 'a temper tantrum' to me. Can't imagine anybody doing that? (Refusal to start?) Does anybody know what coach builder it is? Based on location of purchase (Boston), I thought Specialty or maybe Wolfington Body Co. He said, " no maker tag anywhere on car or glovebox literature" ( clue, maybe - drivers pass. door "bolted shut?"). It's not possible to be a McClain- too late (he passed in 1983).
As far as the blackwalls, Understand / relate to: you're at a tire shop, trying to get home on lumpy tires, and some part-timer says, "no 15 inch tires in stock" (in Central FL. [ this ain't California, Dan] been there, done that, :) , let alone a 15" Whitewall, he took what he could get to get home. Solution: now that he bought new tires: buy a set of PortaWalls. At least their good till you hit a curb, LOL.
My personal take, Ed may be right, even with the pukey low horse motor. Last time I looked it was still at $5200. Hard to find any good Classic car with that kind of mileage for that kind of money...

Yes the Olds motor is a slug thats why Cadillac made the 350 Cop Car motor available the were getting complaints on limos and Pro cars. Easy solution if you can find one is a junk 87 or 88 Caprice cop car make sure it has a 350 most did these are not FI like 89 and 90 so they are pretty mach a drop in with the 307 Olds gone. Easy if you have whole car to get everything.

Had a 89 6door.with the 307 in it. Not much till I sealed converters to a high flow on.that helped. You still felt like you were floging it. But you were doing oner the speed limit and making 18 mpg. It would do better in this lighter rig. Me I question the digital dash in the later ones.thew go out your out.

If anyone has a positive builder ID please post it. I have a hard time with these smaller builders on flower cars sometimes, and this is such a case. Is it possibly a Metropolitan? I know it is not a McClain, but other than that, I really do not know.

Hint to seller.when taking pictures of your car remove the halif used oil jugs. The glove box door to me is a fine example of why one should Wear you seat belt. The reserve auction turns me off. He discribes the norm at problems with a car this age. One can expect to get and spend a grand or to replacing stuff. I'm going threw this with my 96 pick up. You gust have to be willing to do that. Not as simple as new points Anymore

one more of those basement bloggers who over ran there budget. or one shell bid to many. one can never tell but it up around 5 now about what it's worth

I am usually suspicious of the seller in these instances. I have been selling various things on eBay since 1999 and I have never been stiffed by a winning bidder. It is always easiest for the seller to claim that the winning bidder was a "no pay" in instances where a vehicle is being re-listed one or more times. I would say that it is more apt to be a "shil bidder" situation in many/most cases.

Back