Curved Bier Pins

A co-worker of mine had asked me if hearses can carry urns. I wasnt really sure so I looked it up and confirmed that there are special curved urn bier pins for this. Since I have had several friends ask me if my hearse can carry them when the time comes, I am curious if there is a place I can buy these type of bier pins that will fit my 68 MM. I'm assuming the bier pins couldnt have changed awfully too much over the years, but I'm not sure what the proper name for these is for searching:

Curved Bier pins, Urn bier pins. Most importantly I want to know if i can find any that would fit my car, as i can only imagine curved ones probably were not used often in those times.

I think the idea with the urn caddy is that you can lock the platform into place with your existing bier pins. And then be able to have pall bearers carry it in and out of the vehicle.

I think the idea with the urn caddy is that you can lock the platform into place with your existing bier pins. And then be able to have pall bearers carry it in and out of the vehicle.

That's true. We use it quite often with the new hearse no longer tossing urns in the front seat. We lost some of what we do by minimizing services. I want a lead car with lights and flags, hearse all flagged out, and all cars in the procession with flags.

Wonder what's wrong with this business is we forgot what's its like to truly serve a family!! Heck, half my processions at Oaklawn now drive by the house if possible from church to the cemetery. We stop by the house, leave a rose on the doorstep, open the rear door of the hearse to allow spirits to visit their home.

Wonder what's wrong with this business is we forgot what's its like to truly serve a family!! Heck, half my processions at Oaklawn now drive by the house if possible from church to the cemetery. We stop by the house, leave a rose on the doorstep, open the rear door of the hearse to allow spirits to visit their home.

Interesting. The old blood Onondaga community here has the FD haul the body to his home where he spends his last night above ground. The next day the body goes back into the hearse for the ride to the burial place.

Most FDs here have lost that business by claiming the service can not be performed. Two FDs now have most of the Indian business in town because they can hear and comply with instructions.

Back