Church Truck Storage

You are correct I didnt drill those holes! There isnt space directly behind the seat nor does it look like there was originally a space in the typical spot for them. I guess thats why someone else decided it was a good idea. This combo was used in a funeral home till '93.
I was just wondering what other combo owners were doing.

The space between the jump seats and the door is where the church trucks were stored in a combination thus forcing the funeral director or the intern remove them as soon as they came off a funeral. That was usually after I had replaced the beacon ray and folded the roller panels over. They never fit behind the front seat.

none of the combos I have had that much space between the jump seat and the door, unless the church truck folds up less then 6 inches

I always wedged them in and slammed the door. Tight fit but it worked without damaging the inside door. Was glad when Ferno Washington went to the new style trucks. They fit like a glove.

No help for you,but several locals use to put the church truck in the trunk of the lead car.must have had the same problem you got,hope it helps.

I figured thats why someone drilled those holes to strap it to the back of the partition rather than laying it down in front of the casket.
There isnt enough room when the door is closed to wedge it between the table area and door either!

Back