1976 M-M Cadillac Ambulance - Caracass, Venizula Museuem

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Dean Wilkinson

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L99nAaEX4Ng"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L99nAaEX4Ng[/ame]

Would love to get my hands on this ambulance. I LOVE the way those two big beacons sit on the upper roof line and if mine did not have those special beacons mounted on the tunnel lights, I would put two beacons up there, like Dean's and Robert's.

3453608379_57c66e6646.jpg

IMG_3979a.jpg

Different is good

Our Lifeliner was custom-ordered with quad Whelen strobes in addition to the Federal 184. While I would prefer dual front 184s and dual rear Grimes lights, our car was different and will stay this way. The one thing I cannot get my wife to accept, though, is a repaint in the original yellow. I think her exact words were, "You can have your fleet of professional cars. You can even have a new garage to put them in, but we are NOT having a yellow ambulance!"

Sometimes you learn to count your blessings and leave well enough alone. :D

Attachments

• Picture_002[1].jpg
    Picture_002[1].jpg
    63.3 KB · Views: 651
Our Lifeliner was custom-ordered with quad Whelen strobes in addition to the Federal 184. While I would prefer dual front 184s and dual rear Grimes lights, our car was different and will stay this way. The one thing I cannot get my wife to accept, though, is a repaint in the original yellow. I think her exact words were, "You can have your fleet of professional cars. You can even have a new garage to put them in, but we are NOT having a yellow ambulance!"

Sometimes you learn to count your blessings and leave well enough alone. :D

Wise woman your Kim is; and if you know what's good for you, you'll heed her words!

Back in the late 60's and early 70's the Troy Ambulance Service, Troy, NY (since absorbed by another service) had white over yellow cars. Those cars in fact were pretty nice looking in my opinion.:rolleyes: Troy Ambulance was known to be innovative, in fact they taught the first MET (now EMT) courses in the area.
But good advice to not go against the outstanding advice of the wife!:D

I was originally going to paint my 1978 Superior Cadillac ambulance, green and white, but Sandy & I couldn't agree on a green. What I liked, she said looked black in the nighttime. Then we started to kick around the idea of yellow and white, but I couldn't find a yellow that I thought would look good on the car. In the end, I settled on cotillion white and another color. I left her out of the decision making process. I sure hope that the next owner likes my color choice...... :)

I like some of the different colors seen on these old ambulances. The white over green on my Superior is unique. When I have it repainted I want it to be the same color.

you got to be fair with Kim the pictures does not do the yellow justice. it looks almost golden in the faded out pictures it was really very close to the stripe on the highway yet not quite safety slime yellow but it first cousin. a really bright color from the under side of the hood. now that butter scotch color and white is not bad. GM had one of them in 75.

you got to be fair with Kim the pictures does not do the yellow justice. it looks almost golden in the faded out pictures it was really very close to the stripe on the highway yet not quite safety slime yellow but it first cousin. a really bright color from the under side of the hood. now that butter scotch color and white is not bad. GM had one of them in 75.

How about a Chrome Yellow. That is a Nice Color

Russ

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back