eMail notifications

Paul Steinberg

PCS Life Member President
Staff member
Super Site Supporter
To all members...

If you have a Gmail or Verizon email address, these 2 email services will not allow emails that are sent through our servers to go through. Please update your email address to something other than Gmail or Verizon. I am getting multiple bounced emails because PM boxes are full and notifications are being sent to these 2 email services. Your co-operation in this matter would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Paul
Senior Website Administrator

There is too many emails being generated by the website, because of people having emails sent to them when there is a new post to a thread that they are watching. Gmail and Verizon see this as spam, and reject it. I have attempted to resolve the problem, but there is not contact that you can actually speak to, and when you have a huge problem, they take the easiest way possible to solve it. People have checked the box to get email notification when a new PM is sent, and this adds to the problem. I have started to turn off email notifications on active accounts that are using Gmail, since they are not getting the notifications anyway.

Hey Paul I have gmail, but I use it for everything. Wouldn't it be easier to just go into our "junk", or "spam" folders and mark anything from here as not-junk so they'll start going into our inbox instead of being flagged as spam?

I think that would be way easier than creating a whole new email address. If that won't work, I'll just change my email address on here to my work email (and hope that my boss doesn't catch me drooling over any PCS stuff when I'm on the clock!) :mad: :eek: :D

Hey Paul I have gmail, but I use it for everything. Wouldn't it be easier to just go into our "junk", or "spam" folders and mark anything from here as not-junk so they'll start going into our inbox instead of being flagged as spam?

I think that would be way easier than creating a whole new email address. If that won't work, I'll just change my email address on here to my work email (and hope that my boss doesn't catch me drooling over any PCS stuff when I'm on the clock!) :mad: :eek: :D

If it went into your junk or spam folder, it would mean that they are allowing it through. They are automatically rejecting every piece of email from our server. This isn't something new, but a problem that I have worked on for over 5 years, and probably longer. Gmail uses filters that reject mail based on the IP sending it. What you see in your junk or spam folder is just a miniscule amount of emails that were sent to you. 95% of them never reach any of your folders. You haven't been getting them for years, so turning them off will do no harm. If you change to your work email address, you will be flooded with emails from the site, since you subscribe to getting an email for every thread that you post to.
If I were to turn off all the Gmail accounts, no one would be the wiser, but I haven't the time or the inclination to do this to over 500 accounts on the forums. That is why I would like everyone to do theirs instead of me having to.
Thanks
Paul

If anyone wants to private message me, they can email me directly. Im NOT changing my email address

You can keep your Gmail address that is on the system, but you will not get ANY emails from this website. The choice is yours to make, and what you decide will have no bearing on your website membership whatsoever.

Now i have a g mail account on the computer i got it when explorer dropped there support of outlook. I had my other two accounts added to the gail one. The hotmail and gwtc. It worked will for about Two months. Then i could see that thing from the other servers was not coming in. on the gmail account. It made no difference if i checked it first or not. I did not put gmail on the tablet i get my hotmail and gwtc accounts just fine every day on it

Back