For the Packard guys

I passed this place many times while going to Lordstown assembly plant to pickup cars. I always wanted to stop, but had a schedule to keep. Thinking it would make a great trip in the spring. As an aside to this, my dad worked in Warren for about a year (1938 to 1939). building new railroad spurs.

OK having gone to the Packard Club meet in Columbus last summer Jan and I got to visit both Packard Museums. The one in Columbus has a very impressive display including Fred Kanters 48 Henney three way Many Caribbeans including one I once owned being in an old dealership adds to its charm. The Warren one is also very nice had several Caribbeans on display no Pro cars. They have a nice banquet set up that is rented to anyone with the $$$. Their BIG PROBLEM is SPACE they have a wearhouse at another location and I was told there are many more cars there and they rotate the display. And yes they are in the process of addressing the space issue. If you have interest in Packard history the Warren Museum seems to have a great Library and a good gift shop. Sorry for my excessive reference to Caribbeans but they are what got me started on Packards in 1955.

Back