July 30th-Aug 16th Carnation Festival, Alliance, OH

Status
Not open for further replies.
hot

Hey, its going to be in July and August it will probably be hot all the time. Oh, THAT hot. Yeah Ron, how 'bout some help?
Mike

I'm working on it! As soon as I have some hard details I will get it out.

Carnation Meet-Alliance, OH

Terri and I are planning on attending the Carnation Meet and just made reservations to be there Saturday afternoon and leave Monday heading to Flint.
I need to verify Ron, there is a "Code-3" run scheduled for Sunday, right?

Richard

Reservation needed?

Is it necessary to reserve ahead of time to be part of the car show on the 8th?

I know I'll be in Ohio around then, but don't know my exact schedule.

Bruce

It says there will be a Code-3 run on Friday but do not see that for Sunday too. Looks like Sunday is a parade not a Code-3 run. I just cannot get there on Friday.

Richard

Friday August 7th, 20095:30 PM
We will leave the Oak Ridge and proceed to Aldersgate Church on Edison Street, once we have everyone there, we will run Code three through Marlboro Township to the Maize Valley Farm Market and Winery. On tap for the evening is dinner and entertainment by singer Jim Golan who specializes in Jimmy Buffett type music. Enjoy a bottle of Maize Valley’s Wine and maybe we can get Bill to fire up the Pumpkin Canon.
Afterward back to the Oak Ridge for the parking lot activities.

Saturday August 8th, 2009 12:pM-4:pM
The Carnation Car Show on the grounds of the beautiful historic Glamorgan Castle grounds. We are general entries as well as the Ohio and Tri State Chapters also present trophies for:
Best Appearing:
Ambulance, Combination, Hearse, Horse Drawn, Flower/First Call Car, Limousine

Afterwards we will go to a local eatery to be announced.
Sunday August 9th, 2009 9:am – 4m
The Carnation Fire Truck Pump In and Muster- Vintage fire apparatus surround the Glamorgan Castle Lakes shooting water, while local firefighters from area departments compete. Our cars will be staged on display across the street at the Sharer-Stirling-Skivolocke Funeral Home. Maybe if we ask Dan real nice, we could manage a tour?
At 1:pM we will proceed to the corner of Park and Main in Alliance to participate, if you like in the Carnation Festival Kickoff Parade that will conclude back at Glamorgan Castle.
At 4:pM we will proceed to Doug’s Classic 57 Diner for the Carnation Cruise In from 4:pM to 8:pM

Ron said it so it must be true. Afterall, who would doubt the word of the Chief of Police for they never lie! Who's with me to make Ron come through on this?

I'll take the insurance assignment for it Ed. You know Richard, if you come to Carnation this year you get two chances to run your siren. Once on Friday and one on Sunday.

Perhaps he means running the lights and siren for the parade on Sunday. Ron is verifiying for the PCS crew.

Richard

Get Reservations Soon

Being connected with the Holiday Inn you might get a room there in Alliance, but bear in mind the Football Hall of Fame Week is going on and the 50th Anniversary of the Carnation Festival is going on at the same time. Our host hotel is the Oak Ridge and I think they still have some rooms, but they are filling as well.

Being connected with the Holiday Inn you might get a room there in Alliance, but bear in mind the Football Hall of Fame Week is going on and the 50th Anniversary of the Carnation Festival is going on at the same time. Our host hotel is the Oak Ridge and I think they still have some rooms, but they are filling as well.

Got one at a Holiday Inn about 41 miles from you, closes place accepting my discount and the ride will be fine. Your Holiday Inn rate was high and they refused to discount me (can't blame them).

We'll touch base as we approach the event.

Richard

With Hall of Fame (which is in Canton) they were upset Alliance had the audacity to have Carnation Week at the same time. (They are in Alliance) So you can imagine the reception I got. Which is the same reception at the Comfort Inn and the Super 8.

With Hall of Fame (which is in Canton) they were upset Alliance had the audacity to have Carnation Week at the same time. (They are in Alliance) So you can imagine the reception I got. Which is the same reception at the Comfort Inn and the Super 8.

We still love you though Ron :)

Richard

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back