Residents Now Have To Pay For 911 Calls

Paul Steinberg

PCS Life Member President
Staff member
Super Site Supporter
Way of the future????

Tracy Residents Now Have To Pay For 911 Calls
http://cbs13.com/local/tracy.911.calls.2.1502690.html

Tracy residents will now have to pay every time they call 9-1-1 for a medical emergency.

But there are a couple of options. Residents can pay a $48 voluntary fee for the year which allows them to call 9-1-1 as many times as necessary.

Or, there's the option of not signing up for the annual fee. Instead, they will be charged $300 if they make a call for help.

"A $300 fee and you don't even want to be thinking about that when somebody is in need of assistance," said Tracy resident Greg Bidlack.

Residents will soon receive the form in the mail where they'll be able to make their selection. No date has been set for when the charges will go into effect.

Good lord, people will charge for anything these days. Now instead of people wanting to help someone in need, now they wil be thinking i cant aford the call. What a shame this world is comming to.:bsflag2:

Josh

9-1-1

Paul,

Everyone in PA is charged a minimum of $1.00 per month (depending on the area) for 9-1-1 access. I'm not sure about cell phones... but it probably appys to them as well.

Onward and upward!

Rick

.75 a month here to maintain the call center. but 300 bucks a call one would think there is a excess of none emergency calls to the center and that this is a effort to curb them. they have a 211 call center here for information related to anything and the 511 for road conditions. both of them are advertised heavy in the electronic media and the paper.

.75 a month here to maintain the call center. but 300 bucks a call one would think there is a excess of none emergency calls to the center and that this is a effort to curb them. they have a 211 call center here for information related to anything and the 511 for road conditions. both of them are advertised heavy in the electronic media and the paper.

You have phone service out your way Ed? :yankchain:

Out here we have a tax applied to our cell phones for 911. As far as emergency services, (medical emergencies) if you are transported your health insurance is billed, at the Fire Department if you are a town resident whatever your health insurance doesn't cover you are not responsible for paying. My part-time job bills insurance and then bills the individual for the difference not covered.

I wonder if the reporter got things a bit wrong....wonder if they meant to say that one would pay $300 for an ambulance transport, or $48 for unlimited ambulance service. A lot of communities, including mine, charge that way for ambulance service. I don't think they meant that you would get a bill for $300 for calling 911 to report your neighbor's house on fire.

I hope.... :stars:

Back