Aluminum Sheeting Used In Ambulances

Kurt Arends

PCS Elected Director 2021-2024
A friend of mine will drag home pretty much anything that is free. This past weekend, I discovered this full roll of embossed aluminum, still in the crate, in one of his buildings. I am not currently home to make a comparisson to that sheeting used in my ambulances, but this looks to be pretty close to the aluminum sheeting used in the rear compartment by some of the coach builders. This roll is at least 40" wide, but I didn't measure it. What do you think, as far as a match on the embossing??

Attachments

• Roll Of Aluminum.jpg
    Roll Of Aluminum.jpg
    104.7 KB · Views: 428
My friend says that this stuff is used to line the walls in refridgerated trailers, etc. Does that sound right?

I will re-locate this roll from his pile of $#!+ to my pile of $#!+

Thats where I saw it! I bought years ago still here in the yard some 12 X7X6 refrigerated aluminum units they used at the Philadelphia Navy Yard to remove foods from ships coming in for repairs carried them around with BIG fork lifts. But yes same material on inside walls I store pats in them water and humidity proof.

Embossed aluminum similar to that was very popular as siding for commercial buildings in need of a facelift in the 60s.
The embossing takes the oilcan quality out of the sheet and adds strength.

I recall Lauers Furniture and the Rochester and Cadillac Hotels getting the treatment. Before the Rochester was brought down by explosives somebody with a bucket truck and portable baler made out well dropping the aluminum and scrapping it.

Thats funny,I just used that stuff 2 weeks ago,
very similar stuff is is still being made,just recently helped a friend repair a walk-in cooler at his restaurant and we used this .....the refrigerator guy said it is very popular with refrigerated cargo trailers....like Kurt said...
He said also popular in the heating/air conditioning industry..

Yes but when i was holding that mangled up piece from the back of the seat on that 63 i had know ida were to look for replacments.

Obtained the roll of aluminum from my friend today. Full roll and sure looks to be the same as what was used in my '75 Superior 54" ambulance.

Attachments

• Aluminum 1.jpg
    Aluminum 1.jpg
    123.5 KB · Views: 158
  • Aluminum 2.jpg
    Aluminum 2.jpg
    125.9 KB · Views: 158
Vintage Jukeboxes use similar aluminum sheets. Sold through jukebox parts suppliers.

Back