Cadillac mirrors

In search of a couple decent door mirrors for the Lifeliner. Mine are rough and would be a major pain in the butt to get rechromed.

If you have a couple please PM.

Ricahrd: If you are talking about the small "truck type" mirrors, the can still be bought brand new at a NAPA or similar parts store.

mirrors

Richard,
We know you are capable of adding pictures to your posts. Pictures would help those of us not well versed in Lifeliners.
Mike

He is referring to the Cadillac OEM mirrors that are installed at the factory on all passenger cars. I spoke to Richard today, and suggested that he look at the bottom inside of the mirror for a part number that is usually casted into the base. Then, I can look up the part to see exactly what Miller Meteor used, since they often used previous years parts in the production of the commercial chassis cars. Upon reassembly of my 1969 Miller Meteor, Ed found that the factory ground one side of the mirror base to allow for a change in the placement on the door. This is the type of change that makes it so difficult to find parts for our cars that fit correctly. Without knowing what year passenger car the part is used on, we have no idea what to look for when sourcing replacement parts.

Attachments

• 174145.jpg
    174145.jpg
    55.2 KB · Views: 110
no way to tell. it looks the same but all it takes is the angle to be off. we know the bodies are different the 73 and the 77 so if it was me unless I could get it for 5 bucks I would pass. I doubt it it would go on the 73

I Need a Mirror Also

I need one complete mirror assembly for the passenger side door of a 1968 Cadillac. You had to aim the mirror by hand. Here are a couple of views of the driver side mirror that is on the car.

Scott Anderson

Attachments

• Driver Side Mirror.jpg
    Driver Side Mirror.jpg
    34.3 KB · Views: 59
  • 1968 Mirror driver side.jpg
    1968 Mirror driver side.jpg
    26.8 KB · Views: 59
Back