What a Fabulous Show Today!

Rick Franklin

PCS Member
The 4th Annual Pacific Northwest Chapter EMS/Professional Car Show is now history and in the record books. We had a fabulous 60 degree Sunny day..with the bluest skies you've ever seen and had a record 62 vehicles in attendance! Professional cars in attendance were: 1986 Lincoln Hearse; 1997 Cadillac Hearse; 1968 Cadillac Hearse; 1968 Cadillac Fleetwood Series 75; 1988 Lincoln Superior Hearse; 1996 Cadillac Hearse, 1979 Cadillac Hearse; 1990 Buick Roadmaster Hearse; 1941 Buick Limousine; 1948 Flxible Buick Ambulance; 1968 Cadillac Hearse. in the police car category, we had 10 P-71 Crown Victoria's, 5 SSP Ford Mustangs, a 1960 Fairlane, 1976 Dodge Dart, 1988 Gran Fury,1990 Caprice, 1995 Caprice, 1967 Fury I, 1969 Satellite, 1970 Satellite, and an 02 Camaro. The Fire Trucks included a 1969 Kenworth, 1954 Seagrave,1950 Kenworth, 1969 Kenworth, 1951 Kenworth, 1952 Diamond T, and a 1979 International. and an unknown year Seagrave. Also were Several units from the King County Search & Rescue Squad, a 1925 Ford Model TT Tow Truck, a 1935 Ford Tow Truck and an 05 Mitsubishi FK 200 Flatbed. there were also several generic branded collector cars that joined us. In addition, the Army National Guard brought a tricked out Humvee.Dave Lisiecki and kids joined us, our newsletter editor Carl Kietzke brought a 1968 GMC Seattle Transit Bus, and webmaster Sara Young and kids were there as well. I'll get Sarah and Carl to post pictures on the PNW Website and on here too. Probably the highlight of the day, after being presented with a plaque from EVOOA for my work on the show, was the Director of the Rain City Hearse Club telling me that one of the passersby in the crowd is a local Funeral Director who belongs to the International PCS but not the chapter because his last PCS event was 10 years ago. He didn't like the non conservative direction the chapter had back then, but was most impressed with what he saw today. I also want to add that THREE of the funeral coaches on display today were still IN SERVICE coaches. Many thanks to Mike Smith from the Rain City Hearse Club, the Last Resort Fire dept, Pat Dooley from EVOOA and everyone else who helped make this show a success. I'm gonna go soak in a hot tub now and take a nap!

4th Annual PHOTOS

Please visit our website or myspace for a slideshow. Here's a preview of what you'll see:
1988 Ford Mustang
1988FordMustangSheriff.jpg

1956 LAPD Police Car Replica
1956LAPDPoliceCarReplica.jpg

1947 Buick Flexible
1947BuickFlexible.jpg

1925 Ford Model T Towing Truck
1925FordModelTTowingTruck.jpg

got to love that Buick. nice to have one of them. bet you glad right now that you hung in there and are still keeping the chapter alive. looks like you were able to pull off a good get together with interaction from a number of different clubs. keeps our kind of stuff in it's place in the car world. :thumb:

I missed last years' show but what a beautiful day it was for this years' show. Thank you, Rick, and Rain City, and everyone else who have helped keep this chapter and this show alive. The historic XXX is such a great , car-friendly venue, and many other interesting cars cruised in and out all day. I hadn't seen that exact E58 Dart for a long time until yesterday, and I had only seen the SPD '70 Plymouth in photos from the Lakewood Police Officer's funeral. It was good to see that in a more pleasant setting. I'm generally not a Mustang-guy, but I loved their display, and the WSP Chevy and the Dip... The Buick makes me think I should leave the paint on my Windsor as-is. Thanks also to everyone who had treats for the kids. So much more to say, but I think you get the picture.

From what I hear, the EVOOA guys have a Facebook page that contains oodles of pictures and commentary on the show but im not internet savvy enough to find it yet.

Back