what friends are for

John ED Renstrom

PCS Member
Super Site Supporter
Ok so here we are in SD it's December and I'm working on a superior. I get this call about coming out to sunny calf to work on a couple real cars. come on out, we'll take care of you. we'll bask by the pool and have a good time. I just need you to do a few things on mine and Chris's coach you'll love it. will they say there is a sucker born every second. so it getting kind of cool up here and a warm week sounds good. tinkering a little on a pair of neet old cars sounds like fun and Jim's 66 is primed and needs to set a little to shrink up. so I go. the do list was longer then the LA freeway. oh the cars were neat and nothing like driving a 74 MM in 6 lanes of traffic. even if I did have to stop and duck out into it to recover pieces that fell off some ones elses car. so fun I had, wined and dined I got and work that could not be completed was plenty. but the lounging around the pool thing I had to pass on that. maybe next time guys. thanks for the good time

Attachments

• IMG_2408ss.jpg
    IMG_2408ss.jpg
    90.7 KB · Views: 175
  • IMG_2425ss.jpg
    IMG_2425ss.jpg
    89.1 KB · Views: 173
  • IMG_2418ss.jpg
    IMG_2418ss.jpg
    82.9 KB · Views: 171
It only snows in California once ever 30 years, and you just happened to pick that year... :D

Are those both Criterion's?

Must be nice to be able to use a Criterion for advertising. I think you just gave Richard an idea...bet he can even write off some of the expenses:D

Nice rigs!

the nice part of magnetic signs is you can do that vary easily. and a parade is a parade. the green one is the company rig. as it was down for a engine swap, Robert volunteered the use of his to help out a friend who was willing to pay expenses for the run. as the engine just swap just got completed. the man who owns the green one is our next new member. he is getting to understand what a find he has. now this one is a priceless picture. and because I'm to lazy and tired to look up the thread here is a pictured off the only access hole into the spare tire door from the inside. you would have to pry the plastic vent off enough to snap the spring clip threw the hole. but it can be done.
Bill why you think Richard has the name of the funeral home he works for on the side of his?

Attachments

• IMG_2402ss.jpg
    IMG_2402ss.jpg
    83.9 KB · Views: 147
  • IMG_2399ss.jpg
    IMG_2399ss.jpg
    53.6 KB · Views: 146
Hey, Ed....do you think your friends would loan John Dorgan the driver's side speaker mount so he can make a mold of it? Then Richard and I could both get the mounts we need.

When former (and soon to be current) PCS member Chris Bruno and I invited Ed out to CA, the weather was nice. We had daytime temps in the mid 60's, and it looked like that would continue. We were very surprised when it snowed as soon as Ed arrived. The last time our area received the cold white stuff was 1975!

Chris's 1974 Criterion needed an engine exchange, and Ed was his choice to make sure it was installed correctly. Ed flew in on Wednesday, and the car was running with its new power plant by Saturday. Knowing that Chris's rig would not be road ready in time for the Christmas parade in Los Gatos; I voluteered my Criterion to stand in. He had entered the parade in the commercial catagory, so my car had to have lettering and signs applied the day before the event. We exchaged cars on Friday; his Porsche Carrera for my Criterion. My only thought was; how can I drive his car and avoid getting arrested for high speed driving? The Carrera is a VERY fast car, and I managed to keep my speed down to citation level.

As Ed was staying at my home, we brought both rigs back there to finish the non engine items, and address some things on my car. These efforts continued through Tuesday night. I should point out that while the snow was gone, the cold stayed. Ed was a trooper, and worked non stop until after dark each day. He even took the time to remove a dent from my 1969 MGB!

By the time Ed had to leave early Wednesday morning, he had Chris's car running very well, had installed a new roof sign (not an easy thing to do), fixed some electrical problems, insatalled a beacon, adjusted hinges and doors, plus making a host of other fixes. He then wet sanded some problem areas on my rig, and polished the entire car as well.

We enjoyed having him here, and managed to have some fine meals together during his stay. We are looking forward to visiting with him again next July at the PCS meet in NY.

Robert

Robert Shepard
1975 M-M Criterion
1976 M-M Lifeliner

Golden State Chapter
Northland Chapter
Miller-Meteor Chapter

for those of you that go for this kind of stuff here is a little walk around of the74 I did checking things out. we replaced the flasher on the side lights and it has a bad connection on one leg. a jumper wire took care of that. and need one bulb in the front tunnel lights but I told him to get two so the colors match up. he is running the yellow lights forward as to avoid troubles with the law everywhere except Wy and NJ. as we needed to move the car we spend all of 15 minutes putting the glass back in. all that tape and it still leaked don't understand it my self. but by now the glass frame is painted at least and the man called to install the other windshield.
[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SMHDUSW1xGg[/ame]

Back