Another ambulance gone...

Nicholas Studer

PCS Elected Director 2022-2025
While I've been here in Texas, I've tried to see what might be local. The Lifeliner supposedly down the street in San Antonio was gone when I went looking for it this year - whereabouts unknown and no one has posted on the forum about it. http://www.professionalcarsociety.org/forums/showthread.php?t=6536

The Flickr turned up a 1964 Superior-Cadillac supposedly out in the small town of Taylor, TX. Google Maps (often out of date) showed its exact location, so since we were going to Austin area anyway - figure it was worth a look. Vehicle was apparently at a "car museum" of some kind in New Braunfels previously as photographed by a Robert Knowles in the 1990s.

Anyway - end result not so happy. Car was gone, business closed. Tried calling the number previously associated with the business and the gentleman who answered apparently confused my number with a telemarketer and was nay impossible to get a word out to.

President Karsnia called and got a better response, car long gone - whereabouts unknown. Too bad.

Attachments

• Taylor2.jpg
    Taylor2.jpg
    98.2 KB · Views: 539
  • Taylor1.jpg
    Taylor1.jpg
    95.9 KB · Views: 535
  • Taylor4.jpg
    Taylor4.jpg
    92.8 KB · Views: 536
I think we are going to have to assemble an intervention for Nick!!

It is indeed fun to try to find these things. Thus far - only found the hearses I posted about previously. All others hinted at have evaporated. At the junkyard those Superior hearses were at - a tow driver who came by said "we used to have a bunch of those 'hearsts' and ambulances - but we crushed them a few years ago."

Unfortunately - 4 is my limit and perhaps one too many as is. Limited storage won't allow more. Thus why I've been looking to pare down one in order that the 4th is surely a "must have" on the list.

Check with Robert Knowles and see if he has any more information on the ambulance. Robert works for Parkland hospital in Dallas. You can find him on facebook.

Back