1969 Miller Meteor Rear Quarter Molding

Paul Steinberg

PCS Life Member President
Staff member
Super Site Supporter
Spoke to Ed today, and asked about the rear molding on my car. He said that both sides are identical, and that there was no hole for a long molding. The quarter molding is about 3 inches short of the rear of the car. Ed told me that on his 1968 Miller Meteor combination, that the molding goes all the way to the rear. Did the length of the cars change from 1968 to 1969? Did they put the wrong molding on the car when it was manufacturerd? What are your thoughts.......

Attachments

• quarter.jpg
    quarter.jpg
    66.5 KB · Views: 219
I was going to pull them longer but my fence stretcher broke. here is the same molding on the 68.

Attachments

• IMG_3110a.jpg
    IMG_3110a.jpg
    54.9 KB · Views: 211

Pic of the 69 3-way I had looks like it is made that way.:)

Attachments

• DCP_0428.jpg
    DCP_0428.jpg
    91.4 KB · Views: 209
Here's my 69 M-M when i first got it.

2011-02-24174914.jpg

Shaved the molding off as the other side had some damaged and missing. Think i still have both quarter pieces i could measure them for you if it would help.

First post in a couple weeks. Isn't the area right behind where the trim ends and the chrome for the taillight bezel part of the "collapse zone" for the low impact bumpers, maybe made out of a very hard rubber? If memory serves me correctly that started about 1969. Feel free to correct me.

the guess is MM used up the old stock left over from the 68 modal. the quarters have to be a little longer on the 70 due to there shape. MM made or had these made for them they are longer then the 4 door and shorter then the 2 if I remember right haven't shopped for them yet. but just to show these are not the same cars here is a 69 superior. the crash bumpers came out in the 73 modal. but none of the pro cars had on on the rear except CB and maybe the superior Pontiac

Attachments

• 1969 superior 2A.jpg
    1969 superior 2A.jpg
    71.8 KB · Views: 152
Back