Need steak dinner bet info

James Fischer

PCS Member
I have a steak dinner bet and need the experts on the board to chime in and give me the answer I am looking for....:cool:

Will a fender from a 1970 Cadillac Deville fit a 1970 Fleetwood (ambulance) ??

Thank you for the anticipated info !:thumbsup:

Fender

Fender will fit no problem, I do not know if there is any trim that is diffrent between the two.

When you say "Fender", that means the front fender. The fender is identical for 1969 & 1970, with the exception of the directional signal / cornering light for each of the two years. The front fender molding is identical.
Do we get part of the steak dinner, or at least a french fry????

You didn't specify front or rear fenders. Cadillac commercial chassis used standard Cadillac passenger car front fenders. With the exception of S&S, most coachbuilders used standard rear quarter panels from Cadillac Coupe de'Ville for rear fenders. In the late '60s and early '70s S&S actually lengthened the stock DeVille rear fenders by two inches - from the center of the rear wheel opening to the rear of the car - to obtain what they believed was the proper length and appearance. If you're talking about front fenders, which I believe you are, the other posts have already given you the correct information.

the years Dan has mention are the only one CC cars were different then standard caddy on the front end. from the front door back they are all different and the sheet medal is specific to the manufacture as is the hard ware and trim.
one year may use the standard GM hardware the next may not. one manufacture may modify or add to the GM hardware to make it work for there body. this is were the confusion on the cars comes from. one man with one style grabs a GM part and it fits. so they apply the blanket rule. the next with a different car the same year can't get the parts to fit. to my knowledge all the body's were stamped for the manufacture. none of the panels came from GM. even the small time guys could not agree on which body to modify. some use 4 doors some convertibles and some started out with wagons. but all shared the same GM nose. even the odd years were the same as the factory limos.

When you say "Fender", that means the front fender. The fender is identical for 1969 & 1970, with the exception of the directional signal / cornering light for each of the two years. The front fender molding is identical.
Do we get part of the steak dinner, or at least a french fry????

Thank you Paul......

Sure I would be glad to share the steak.....come on out,California is Beautiful this time of year !!
Do you think while your here, you could help me with the 70 ??
:)

Good grief

I've been waiting since September to get the front clip off my "parts car" (Coupe DeVille) onto my lifeliner. Now I'm nervous. (1975)
K

What is to be nervous about? All that can happen is that all those rusted bolts break off, and you have to spend a week fighting each one. Just remember to keep all the shims together and mark their location. It is most likely that the cowl is not going to vary much in dimensions, but the fenders, that is another story. Many times the shims are year specific, and are difficult to find when you need an extra one..

the 75 will go together fairly easily. like Paul said save the shims but don't imagine they will go back in the same place on the other car.

Back