Cadillac Parade World Record

A tad off the Pro Car line, but - I did talk with a new PCS member in his 67 ambulance, and I spotted two hearses and one flower car at the breaking of the World Record Longest Cadillac Parade in Barton VT today. Interesting event. The old record of 102 Caddys was held in the Netherlands - yep, Holland. The new record is now held in the home town of Henry Leland, Barton VT and is an amazing 298 Cadillacs. What an event, and what a thrill to be a part of it. (Us old guys are thrilled quite easily eh?)

FYI for all you "Lights & Siren" guys, the PCS member in the 67 ambulance had his top mount beacon on throughout the entire parade. Average parade speed, about 4mph, not a hot run, but he remembered the L&S show from Ohio and wanted to do his part.

Earle W

I would like to see pictures of that line of Caddies! Must look great from an aerial photo too! Sounds like it must have been a sight!

As it turns out I was #157 about the middle of the parade. I have rearview mirror and through the windshield shots. If I can figure out how to do so, I will share them. The rearward shot includes our PCS member in the ambulance.

Back