Friends of the Professional Car Society - Official Website of the Professional Car Society, Inc.Friends of the Professional Car Society - Official Website of the Professional Car Society, Inc.

Go Back   Friends of the Professional Car Society - Official Website of the Professional Car Society, Inc. > Professional Car Discussion > General Discussion Forum

Notices

General Discussion Forum For the general discussion of Professional Cars.

Old 03-06-2010, 12:38 AM
PCS Elected Director

Thanked 13,668 Times in 5,767 Posts
Groans: 2
Groaned at 3 Times in 3 Posts
Default is it a caddy or not

I was out in the junk yard looking for one screw out of the dash and a door molding. no luck on the molding there are a different shape on the superior. but I found a fair set of door edge guards. so I scored them. guess what there is a dig difference in a 66 sedan DE Ville and a Superior combo the back side of the door is way different. I would not have thought it would be that far off. but it is. here are the pictures. the other one I just had to toss in because thanks to Dan Scully we now can paint those wrinkle tops. there is nothing like black and chrome to look good. but i'm glad it's going to be Jim cleaning it not me
Attached Images

Jim Staruk (03-06-2010), Russell Street (03-06-2010)
Old 03-06-2010, 07:00 PM
PCS Past President / Senior Website Administrator

Thanked 11,163 Times in 3,621 Posts
Groans: 0
Groaned at 9 Times in 9 Posts

While working on my 1978 Superior Ambulance, I found that one outside door handle was damaged beyond repair. I have a 1978 Cadillac De Ville parts car, so I took the door handle off of that. When I compared the two, I found that the commercial chassis door handle was different. A quick cursory glance, and they both look alike, until you put them side by side. I also have the same problem finding door handle gaskets. The standard door handle gaskets don't fit the larger commercial door handles. Once you get past the cowl, it seems that it is anyones guess as to what they used to build these cars...