Addiction begins with a single dose

I always thought I wanted a hearse (or possibly ambulance.) At some point, I KNEW with certainty that I wanted one, and had settled on a hearse pretty much. I wanted one for several reasons, but the top three would be to drive something that not everybody else owned, to save a great car from the fate of being a derby car or just rotting to the state of being unusable, and to meet people who might want to discuss the uniqueness of the ride.

What I didn't know is just how quickly I was going to get addicted! I'm off work today, and I wrenched my back yesterday, so my couch is calling my name pretty loud. I don't physically FEEL like going out for a drive, but the addiction is calling my name! I want to be behind that wheel!

I like my hearse quite well. My interior needs cleaning, and my seats are pretty much shredded (the cover material, not the foam.) She's dirty and needs a good detailing. However, she's still batter looking than a lot of the cars I see around. The Cadillac base, with lots of chrome, added to that the beautiful S&S landau top and sheet metal - I've got to admit, I'm still geeking out about it!

My car is a 1992 Fleetwood, turned hi-top "Victoria" by S&S. It isn't the incredible styling that the cars from the 40's, 50's and 60's are. It isn't an icon of it's industry. It's not the hearse that sells for $50,000 or more at Jackson-Barett. But I love it. I'm proud of it. And I thank EVERY ONE OF YOU for the information you post, the leads I received, and the knowledge you share.

I think you have a good looking coach, I wish my first professional car looked as nice, for that matter, I wish my latest acquisition looked as nice. But, we love our professional cars for what they are, whether they are perfect, or something less than perfect, it does not matter. We collect and preserve cars that you don't see every day and there are plenty of people who enjoy seeing them, talking about them, remembering when they worked in a car just like it, or they are just curious, but they certainly attract attention.

That's what I'm afraid of Mr Renstrom! My wife says one hearse in the driveway is enough, and I kind of like her, so I guess one will have to be enough for now. Once she drives the car for her self, she might change her mind. So far she's only been a passenger, but she's starting to like it a little more.

My car is a 1992 Fleetwood, turned hi-top "Victoria" by S&S. .

Correct ID of your coach is S&S Cadillac Victoria. No need to add all the other stuff. I assume its on the RWD platform. If not, and its on the FWD chassis the model is 5000 (even though it says Victoria on the nameplates).

Yeah, mine is FWD and says Victoria. Thus the quotation marks. In fact Mr Royark, I'm pretty sure you're the one who enlightened me to the fact that it is technically a 5000. Interesting to me, I couldn't find any other mention of the 5000 online. Any idea why they put the Victoria tag on it instead of just tagging it a 5000?

Im not sure why they put that tag on there, possibly just because they were there. They did the same thing with some of the Lincoln coaches. If you find the brochures and other sales lit the small fwd S&S coaches are always listed as model name 5000.

Here is a link to a brochure currently on Ebay, that will go nicely with your coach and show the difference in model names. http://www.ebay.com/itm/1992-Cadill...237?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item35e56e101d

I do need this brochure. None of the featured photos have the same fabric interior as my car, nor the embroidered headrests. I'd like to see the whole thing. Hopefully it'll stick around on eBay for a while. I did see where it plainly calls the hi-top the 5000. Interesting stuff for sure!

I do need this brochure. None of the featured photos have the same fabric interior as my car, nor the embroidered headrests. I'd like to see the whole thing. Hopefully it'll stick around on eBay for a while. I did see where it plainly calls the hi-top the 5000. Interesting stuff for sure!

I have this same brochure, and the whole thing is great. I have also bought a couple times from this seller, and he is first rate in his products.
Keep in mind you could order these with different interior fabrics and options, so your exact material or color may not be shown, but it is still a wealth of info.

Back