Where are they now?

After realizing there are MANY cool coaches that have fallen off the radar stored in my computers and scrapbooks, time to give back a little. Maybe provide some inspiration for others to track down.

Vegas "about 10 years ago" - There are more coaches in background.

dsc04343o.jpg

dsc04342c.jpg

No idea who even sent me 35mm prints of this seemingly solid '60 Futura.

I'll try to space installments in this thread out while encouraging others to post 'lost' coaches too, after kicking it off.

dsc04333b.jpg

35mm print from 14-15 years back. No notes. Never surfaced and is still probably sitting in same spot. Can barely make out vertical tail trim, so '56. Guessing Miller based on roof curvature from A to B pillars and stainless design from waist up. Not like '50s flower cars come to market often...

dsc04336bz.jpg

'37 S&S Byzantine Buick may not be for the faint of heart but it was under $2k. This picture was taken within the last 5 years. In the US! Person who shared this with me saved 35mm prints but accidentally threw out contact info. Certainly hope this wasn't scrapped...

And please save "interesting price" or "I wouldn't have paid $800" rhetoric. Even IF not deemed restorable - the large 'carved' cast aluminum panels alone were well worth the full asking price. If I ever find this, Angeline Slayton may beat my door down. :thumb:

Shot this beautiful '60 S&S at a car show in San Diego in the late '80's. Don't recall the asking price.

Terry

Attachments

• San Diego001.jpg
    San Diego001.jpg
    95.5 KB · Views: 1,866
  • San Diego002.jpg
    San Diego002.jpg
    99.4 KB · Views: 1,877
Here's a '66 M-M for sale at Doug Scott's in Los Angeles, taken in the '90's.

Terry

Attachments

• San Diego003.jpg
    San Diego003.jpg
    96.6 KB · Views: 1,913
That 61 Flower car is shown at the 1996 Cadillac LaSalle Club Grand National in Fort Worth, TX. You can see my Bombay Yellow 75 Sedan de Ville on the hill in the background. I haven't seen that car since.

dsc04331b.jpg

Dimly lit 35mm print offered as proof that more '59s are out there waiting for discovery. Don't think this Superior Royale limo style is a Crown - as C and D pillars appear parallel.

59sup13b.jpg

A friend had this color copy snail mailed to him in '97. (Intraweb may have been in it's infancy but one couldn't find information or receive shipping quotes like today.) So a deal was struck; price reached; and left off via phone conversation at being in contact soon when retrieval details were ironed out.

My friend called a little over a week later to say that he'd be there that weekend and was told this '59 Superior had sold and was already gone.

Of course most of us can provide similar stories about missing something or another. Point is, my friend was frosted enough that he's paid close attention since '97 and this is another that has not resurfaced.

dsc04335b.jpg

20-22 years ago when a shutter snapped this '60 Superior Royale limo style combination it was still restorable.

Even after knowing general area - it took patience, several months, and considerable detective work to figure out actual location. A handful of other procars are strewn over the same property - including a '63 Superior and a '64 Eureka Landau 3-way. I've spoken to owner and have an invite to come check them all out.

So this lead (and sleuthing project) has turned more into "What condition(s) are they now?" ;)

59mm25.jpg

Memory Lane in Phoenix, AZ had this '59 MM Futura combination for sale in April, '97. I distinctly recall it being advertised for many months in Hemmings - probably because of an exorbitant price ($7500?). It was missing both the windshield and rear loading door glass. Rest of removed parts were present.

Wouldn't surprise me if this was bastardized into an Ecto, explaining 'camouflage' if it indeed has surfaced since.

59ss12.jpg

Around same time, perhaps a year earlier, this original '59 S&S Victoria was for sale - complete with upside down landaus. I can't think of seeing a non-vinyl roof example since then. Maybe Carl knows where it went.

Around same time, perhaps a year earlier, this original '59 S&S Victoria was for sale - complete with upside down landaus. I can't think of seeing a non-vinyl roof example since then. Maybe Carl knows where it went.

Looks like the one that Dan Skivolocke is having restored:
59-Hearse-01lg.jpg

Back