fun old procar ads!

Hundreds of Hemmings/Old Cars Weekly/etc laying around. Immense amount of info archived. Others please feel free to add more.

Try hard to lay off smacking your forehead. Included are some eyebrow raising related rarities. Pure unadulterated smiles only!

'76-'80:
dsc04583.jpg

dsc04561j.jpg

dsc04562f.jpg

dsc04563uy.jpg

dsc04566n.jpg

dsc04573p.jpg

dsc04568jl.jpg

dsc04570h.jpg

Thanks, these are always fun. I have a bunch from the 1990's clipped and in a Ziploc bag somewhere around here. And I always ask myself, "I wonder what became of that car?"

BTW, speaking of old Hemmings and such, if you need to find a home for your closet full of them (or any other car related literature you have), you can donate them to the National Automobile Museum (the Harrah Museum). It's a small way of generating money to keep the museum operation, but they collect and sell these in their gift shop. They have a huge collection of magazines, club newsletters, and trade publications for sale.

I just sent them about 30 Hemmings, 20 Cars & Parts, and 10 Buick Bugles from the '70's. Remember, even if it's something little, always do what you can to help those who help preserve what you love! :thumb:

well guess if you compairing todays money it somethig but with out checking hard I don't think I was making over 15,000 a year in the 70's. a 3 bedroom house new with the lot was up to 24,000. a new car around 3000. a weeks paycheck was in the 2 to 300 range on a good check. toss 800 bucks on a old 59 caddy Hearse that only gets 10 MPG and needs work for a new famly man with 3 small kids and a wife was a lot of cash.

lots of smiles reading them. just putting things in perspective. here's one for you

Attachments

• 1907 winton.jpg
    1907 winton.jpg
    61.8 KB · Views: 313
I think the most interesting thing about those old ads is the fact that people were selling things using their street address, instead of today's email.

And this:

dsc04584m.jpg

How exactly does one end up with a Futurliner in their back yard, and not know anything about it? (If that's what it is. If not, one's style definitely influenced the other...)

I know a man looking for a 1959 hearse.. I will pass these ad's onto him.. :D

Hearse/camper

The only vehicle that has not changed in value is the 1952 Cadillac hacked into a camper. I doubt that it'd be worth much more than $1900 today. Shows the value of originality.
Thanks for posting these ads. I have a mid-80's auto trader that is so valuable to me as I used to read it and daydream about the prices. Very interesting reading. I'm amazed someone could have a vehicle like a Futurliner and not know what it was, given the size and shape.

Back