Starting with or with out dual batterys?

Congrats

Congratulations on your new purchase. Glad to see a piece of local history being saved. I'm looking forward to seeing pictures. :)

You ole dog you holding out on us like that. I'm very excited you finally got an ambulance. You'll find they are a lot more fun than a hearse.

CONGRATS Mr. Ledford... :applause::applause:

Here are a few pictures for your viewing pleasure! She ain't pretty to look at right now but she's not as bad as she looks. About 80% of the rust is just surface rust. The worst parts are the hood and both front fenders which I have clean rust free replacements already on hand. There is some rust through around the tunnel light sheet metal and in the right lower rear quarter panel but all can be easily repaired. Unsure about rocker panels as I've yet to pull that trim to inspect there. One rear side door will need some sheet metal work along the bottom. The front floor pans seem solid by pressing on the floor by both foot and hand. All glass is good. All five doors open and close like they should. All trim is good except two Cadillac pieces which I already have in my parts stash. The rest of the body is strait. The only thing dry of fluid is the power steering pump. Everything else has fluid and oil including the master cylinder and transmission. Brakes pump and hold just as good as my daily driver. The radiator is a little over half full of some type of coolant. No wires or hoses are chewed up or gone. Everything was sealed up on the engine keeping most weather out. The interior is near perfect and all intact with the exception of the elusive Armstrong Colonial Classic rear floor covering! Good luck there right! But the rest should clean up really good with minor work/repairs. Only showing 58K on the odometer too! The undercarriage and frame are very clean and is in good shape. Steering seems to turn well and looks in good shape when jacked up. With the exception of two places the size of a Kennedy half dollar of chrome peeled up on the rear bumper it is solid as a rock! It will need new window seals for the rear quarter glass and loading door but I'm already working on finding replacement rubber seals for those. And I got the replacement reproduction M-M door rubber as well with the car. Has both O2 tanks are there and still contain O2 in them. Even still has a fold up FW aluminum back board and a aluminum FW half back board stored under the floor as well.

AND NO RICHARD! AIN'T NUTZING FOR SALE OFF AMBULANCE ETHER!!!!!! HA!!!!!

Attachments

• image-3403060524.jpg
    image-3403060524.jpg
    101.7 KB · Views: 160
  • image-579485463.jpg
    image-579485463.jpg
    102.9 KB · Views: 157
  • image-4105361736.jpg
    image-4105361736.jpg
    98.8 KB · Views: 159
  • image-3481469716.jpg
    image-3481469716.jpg
    97.4 KB · Views: 165
  • image-2336565853.jpg
    image-2336565853.jpg
    54.1 KB · Views: 154
  • image-1058159871.jpg
    image-1058159871.jpg
    86.2 KB · Views: 159
  • image-1568936908.jpg
    image-1568936908.jpg
    58.6 KB · Views: 158
Last edited:
You are the man Jeremy. This is so exciting you getting an ambulance. I'm so happy for you and anxious to see it transformed into a work of art. OMG, you even have the ceiling hooks for cots-WOW!! I know a President and Webmaster who has that floor brick pattern and I know he likes you more than me. Work on him to cough some up for you.

How about roof lights/beacons, sirens, etc. You have all that? Cancel that, I now see a Federal Interceptor tucked away.

As for the beacon and lights I've got replacements that are correct for the ambo. They were removed after it was pulled from emergency service in about 1979 and I don't recall it having the red tunnel bulbs of the 184 Power Light that I can remember but I got what needs to be on it like I said.

Great going Jeremy,always great to see another ambulance in the group,and the history that goes with it make it all more the restoration project of a lifetime,now that your gonna have the rig with the noise makers and blinkies I guess Elmo will have to fall in behind the man....:applause::applause:

Congrats Jeremy!! That car is awesome! I can't wait to see it at an International meet. :thumbsup: :applause:

the real shame is a 2.00 polly tarp would have prevented most of that damage on both cars. same as the one I have here of Pauls. you need the rubber for the back glass?? get some wd-40 on the side ones and you will be suprised how much they sofrten up. just spray them every time you go out.

Back