headlight low beam

I don't think it looks right that the inside lights are the low beam. I want it opposite where outside lights are low beam. Isn't that the correct way? How would I change it?

Attachments

• headlights.jpg
    headlights.jpg
    12.8 KB · Views: 197
low beam lights

You can easily switch the lights to low beam on the outside. You may want to unhook the battery while working on electrical items. Unplug the lights. Remove the bulbs. If I remember correctly 2 bulbs will have a 3 connector plug and 2 will be a 2 connector plug. Place you low beam in the outside housing. Place the high beam into the inner housing. The bulbs should be the same size whether high or low beams. Switch the plugs to the proper side and plug them to the bulbs. Make sure all connectors are clean and snug. Rehook the battery connector. Fasten all the trim items down and you are done.
Mike

You will need to remove the headlamp and the retaining assembly (headlamp bucket) by pulling on the spring until it is disengaged from the hole on the side of the headlamp outer retaining ring. There are two only two different headlamp retaining assemblies used. You need to move the inner left headlamp to the outer right hand position, and the inner right headlamp to the outer left hand position. The outer left headlamp bucket will now move to the inner right hand position, and the outer right hand bucket will move to the inner left hand position. The inner high beam headlamp has 2 terminals on the rear, and the outer high / low beam headlamp has 3 terminals on the rear. The mix up that you presently have is a common error that happens in body shops where the person putting the car back together isn't paying attention. In your case, it is the body shop getting even......... :rofl1:
PS...
sometimes the headlamp buckets are marked L 1 and L 2 for the left side on the tab where it attach's to the headlamp adjusting screw. The right side will be similarly marked.

kids nothing but kids working in shops these days. most likely they never saw a head lamp just those bubbles that pass for one today. you should not have to take the light out of the cups. just move the cups and flop the wires. like Paul said unhook the spring in the center and move the left inner to the right out. and vice versa. you know which way they go so if you leave the bulbs in the cups you can't get them wrong. you take them all apart and you'll be a week getting the right light in the right cup. adjuster are up and out springs in the center the 3 prong out side the 2 prong inside. the bulbs will not go in the wrong cup as the taps on the Hi-low are different then the high. so trading around cups with the lights in them saves confusion.

Back