Friends of the Professional Car Society - Official Website of the Professional Car Society, Inc.Friends of the Professional Car Society - Official Website of the Professional Car Society, Inc.

Go Back   Friends of the Professional Car Society - Official Website of the Professional Car Society, Inc. > Classifieds Forum Open to the Public > eBay Listings Discussion Forum

eBay Listings Discussion Forum This is a discussion forum for eBay listings of Professional Cars and related items. This forum is not intended to become a search engine for eBay items. Posts with multiple listings will be deleted. Please search to see if the information has been previously posted. Titles must clearly define the discussion. DO NOT POST JUST LINKS! Please explain what the listing is about to start the discussion. Posts that don't meet these requirements may be deleted without notice. Posts may be removed after 30 days or at our discretion.

Old 01-25-2016, 12:35 AM
Website Member

Groans: 0
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default 1963-64 s&s cadillac 4ea hubcap wheel cover limo hearse #43

http://www.ebay.com/itm/1963-64-S-am...16.m2518.l4276

"1963-64 S&S GMCADILLAC ELDORADO FLEETWOOD 4EA HUBCAP WHEEL COVER LIMO HEARSE #43"

An Awesome price....$49.95 + $18.57 shipping

"1963 AND 1964 S&S GM CADILLAC ELDORADO AND

FLEETWOOD HUBCAPS

LIMO, HEARSE AND AMBULANCE

3 ITEMS HAVE THE S&S CENTER CAP, ONE HAS THE CADILLAC

WILL FIT OTHER CADILLAC 15" RIMS OF OTHER

MODELS ALSO

4 EA CAPS, 15 INCH

CHECK PHOTO FOR ACTUAL MATCH

CAN BE USED ON OTHER YEARS

USED, AS IS HUBCAPS/COVERS

ITEM IS ACTUAL ITEMS AS PICTURED"
Attached Images

Old 01-25-2016, 11:50 AM
PCS Past President / Senior Website Administrator

Thanked 12,313 Times in 4,038 Posts
Groaned at 9 Times in 9 Posts

SOLD!!!!!!!!!
Old 01-25-2016, 12:08 PM
PCS Member

Thanked 5,715 Times in 2,654 Posts
Groans: 7
Groaned at 1 Time in 1 Post

Nothing really special about any of the S&S wheel covers. They are all just standard Cad wheel covers that have been drilled to accommodate the S&S emblem. The S&S emblems were pieces of crap that are always damaged due to pitting(very poor quality pot metal) and over-tightening or denting. I sold the factory S&S wheel covers for my '75 Victoria as the standard and optional wheel covers look so much better and are always in better condition.
The Following User Says Thank You to Kurt Arends For This Useful Post:
James Shao (01-26-2016)
Old 01-25-2016, 12:43 PM
Website Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurt Arends View Post
Nothing really special about any of the S&S wheel covers. They are all just standard Cad wheel covers that have been drilled to accommodate the S&S emblem. The S&S emblems were pieces of crap that are always damaged due to pitting(very poor quality pot metal) and over-tightening or denting. I sold the factory S&S wheel covers for my '75 Victoria as the standard and optional wheel covers look so much better and are always in better condition.
Yes, but....
Old 01-25-2016, 03:46 PM
Website Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurt Arends View Post
If it is true that, "The S&S emblems were pieces of crap that are always damaged due to pitting(very poor quality pot metal) and over-tightening or denting." (...and I have no reason to believe otherwise...), then it is reasonable to assume that the SS emblems -in good condition- are in short supply. If they are in short supply, then they are difficult to find and / or expensive. In this case, the $50 + shipping is an incredible price to pay for 4 of anything that a car of that vintage needs. The emblems on these wheel covers appear to have stood the test of time, and represent a piece of history that cannot be replaced.

Again, I do not dispute the validity of your assessment of the quality of the emblems...they may very well have been, "pieces of crap". The fact that they appear to be in nice condition, that they may be difficult to find in nice condition, and the low price that Paul(?) purchased them for, makes for a good day for whomever purchased them.
Old 01-25-2016, 05:18 PM
PCS Life Member

They are stamped from a thin metal and bend really easy. I'll have to look at the ones I have but I don;t recall them being badly pitted if at all.
1957 Superior Rescuer
Old 01-25-2016, 05:26 PM
PCS Member

Thanked 5,715 Times in 2,654 Posts
Groans: 7
Groaned at 1 Time in 1 Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Channing Spencer View Post
If it is true that, "The S&S emblems were pieces of crap that are always damaged due to pitting(very poor quality pot metal) and over-tightening or denting." (...and I have no reason to believe otherwise...), then it is reasonable to assume that the SS emblems -in good condition- are in short supply. If they are in short supply, then they are difficult to find and / or expensive. In this case, the $50 + shipping is an incredible price to pay for 4 of anything that a car of that vintage needs. The emblems on these wheel covers appear to have stood the test of time, and represent a piece of history that cannot be replaced.

Again, I do not dispute the validity of your assessment of the quality of the emblems...they may very well have been, "pieces of crap". The fact that they appear to be in nice condition, that they may be difficult to find in nice condition, and the low price that Paul(?) purchased them for, makes for a good day for whomever purchased them.
Look again. Only 3 of the 4 have the S&S emblems in the center and all 3 of those are badly dented/damaged. They ARE NOT stamped metal. They are a thin pot metal and nearly always dented and pitted. If you have NOS emblems, you have something. They are almost always damaged when re-attaching them to the wheel cover. If you even slightly over-tighten them, they will pull in.
The Following User Says Thank You to Kurt Arends For This Useful Post:
Channing Spencer (01-25-2016)
Old 01-25-2016, 06:34 PM
PCS Life Member

Wouldn't pot metal crack if it bends when they are overtightened? Did they go to stamped at a later date with older ones being pot metal? I have popped a few back out reasonably close without any cracking.
1957 Superior Rescuer
Old 01-25-2016, 08:48 PM
Website Member

Paul, if you are indeed the purchaser of the wheel covers, would you please tell us if the center caps are pot metal or stamped steel when they arrive? If they are steel, then you should be able to straighten them. I would think that they would be nice for spares.
Old 01-25-2016, 08:59 PM
PCS Member - Elected Director 2017-2020

Thanked 15,170 Times in 6,410 Posts
Groans: 2
Groaned at 3 Times in 3 Posts

now I thought they were polished aluminum. which if you lived in salt country would pit. all they did was get the wheel covers from GM without centers and drill a hole in the middle and put them on with a pal nut. 50 bucks for the good wheel covers is a great price toss the centers and put on caddy ones