1965 Cadillac Superior Crown Sovereign Landau

1965 Cadillac Superior Crown Sovereign Landau Hearse/Combo Runs Well, A/C front and back. back air blows cold, front is not coming through vents. Mechanically good, lots of recent work including front end, wheel bearings, carburetor , battery. Body and floors solid, new windshield all glass good. Even the radio works! This car could be enjoyed as is with minimal work or a worthy restoration candidate. This looks like a real winner should be PCS Member owned. Oh yeah AC not coming through vents vacume leak under dash usually on right side. https://www.ebay.com/itm/1965-Cadil...ash=item33e91aa9be:g:bOkAAOSw7t1a5OwM&vxp=mtr

Condition: Used Year: 1965 VIN (Vehicle Identification Number): Z5240905 Mileage: 69,000 Number of Cylinders: 8 Make: Cadillac Transmission: Automatic Model: Fleetwood

Vehicle Title: Clear Power Options: Air Conditioning Exterior Color: Gray Fuel Type: Gasoline Interior Color: Blue For Sale By: Private Seller
1965 Combination Hearse/ Ambulance, Runs Well, A/C front and back. back air blows cold, front is not coming through vents. Mechanically good, lots of recent work including front end, wheel bearings, carburetor , battery. Body and floors solid, new windshield all glass good. Even the radio works! This car could be enjoyed as is with minimal work or a worthy restoration candidate. Top of the line coach for this era- very rare.

Attachments

• s-l1600.jpg
    s-l1600.jpg
    98 KB · Views: 391
  • s-l1600A.jpg
    s-l1600A.jpg
    97.7 KB · Views: 359
  • s-l1600b.jpg
    s-l1600b.jpg
    94.3 KB · Views: 347
  • s-l1600c.jpg
    s-l1600c.jpg
    96.7 KB · Views: 354
  • s-l1600d.jpg
    s-l1600d.jpg
    91.4 KB · Views: 351
  • s-l1600e.jpg
    s-l1600e.jpg
    92.1 KB · Views: 349
Very good looking car, but the rust bubbles that are shown in the pictures (I only posted one of this condition), would have me worried that it was going to need some very extensive rust remedial repair upon purchase. If you can do the work yourself, it might be worth while, but if you have to pay someone else to do the repair or replacement of the metal, it will get expensive quick.

Gorgeous coach! Absolutely love '65 Cadillacs and not much better than a Crown combo!

Everybody likes a 3- way. :) Does look pretty solid , but like Paul said could be a few issues body wise. I would need some eyes on it before I committed to a buy. Anyone in that area to take a look?

Attachments

• DSC03963.jpg
    DSC03963.jpg
    96.6 KB · Views: 355
  • DSC03965.jpg
    DSC03965.jpg
    97.1 KB · Views: 333
Last edited:
I am the owner

Hi all,
This is my car I’m selling on eBay. This was a Texas car and is surprisingly solid. The floors are solid and the rust bubbles aren’t in integral places like around the glass or moldings. This is a number matching car and drives smooth and quiet- just floats. I had the front end completely rebuilt, bearings, control arms. Also a new gas tank. The nuisance things on this one are the vinyl top is poor but seemingly solid underneath, the passenger window regulator. The windows are manual but it slips and the door mechanism on the rear door is stuck. Like stated in the ad, this car could be driven and enjoyed as it is while improving it. I love this car but I am very involved with my pair of 56’ coaches. Also storage is a factor. I have an airplane hangar but it will only accommodate two cars of this length in the center. Thank you for your thoughts and consideration.
Regards

there are some of us that mechanical sound is the best . but knowing it is a superior if has not been redone it has rust issues. that never stopped me from buying one but it does some. they all have they places that they would rust out first. S&S has a bad seam around the top MM had random drain hole issues in they doors ad that vent on the superiors plus the way they did there glass made for a need for correction on any I have dealt with. but the landau combo is one of the low production body styles they are worth getting.

this is not to knock the car she looks sharp with a good interior. mechanical sound ready to drive home is a big plus. I doubt if you could find a better one for the money. good luck with your sale someone will get a decent car

Everybody likes a 3- way. :) Does look pretty solid , but like Paul said could be a few issues body wise. I would need some eyes on it before I committed to a buy. Anyone in that area to take a look?

I'm only a plane ticket away......:D

Soooo.... I am assuming that the heavily padded vinyl top was added at some point. In looking at the rear shots, it looks like the vinyl top is shot. It also looks like there might be some issues under the vinyl. No shots of the rear interior upper quarters. Could this be a limousine that was later turned into a landau?

Soooo.... I am assuming that the heavily padded vinyl top was added at some point. In looking at the rear shots, it looks like the vinyl top is shot. It also looks like there might be some issues under the vinyl. No shots of the rear interior upper quarters. Could this be a limousine that was later turned into a landau?

The one pic you can see a part of the sconce light. Guessing the top was just added or could you get a padded top in 65 from Superior? My 65 is crinkle in the back half.

Attachments

• s-l1600A.jpg
    s-l1600A.jpg
    96.7 KB · Views: 281
Last edited:
1965 parts car

Spent the last two days pulling parts off our parts coach for customers. It was also a combo although limousine style. Black crinkle roof still shows well on her. Still have her Crown headliner and most other Crown features.

I like this car, I have always loved 65s. In addition, if the car needs minor rust repair and a new top, it is still presentable as it is. And these are really good Cadillacs to own and enjoy. It seems to me that the next owner will be very happy with his purchase. Good luck Charles.

Interior pictures of my 65’

0BE37ECD-3045-4D7A-AC54-7A701CAAAC4E.jpg

341C0F25-3E26-4C38-9F17-B7746E71C89B.jpg

4E392AA6-09C8-49D9-8471-475B2DB6F95A.jpg

32D86B0B-6306-475E-95CB-FEA345E62F4C.jpg

05F5748A-7FBA-49B8-8700-655A370E0281.jpg

C8AFB3F1-9555-4B91-A15D-C2CE38091CED.jpg

I would like to see this car go to somebody who has the ability to take it to the next level. There is a lot of potential here.

Any money you have to spend on the rest of the Coach is insignificant to the beauty and impossible to duplicate original interior. You could have Jay Lennos $$$ and still not duplicate that interior. Needs a front mat but that looks like all it needs.

Looks like this coach was white originally. Look VERY closely at the photo of the open L/R door.

you will get 5 gran into getting some one to make you up a interior for a car. then you have a few place that can do the heat stamp

That interior is only original once. A nice original interior will always be worth more that the best interior restoration.

Sooooooooo...... which one of yous guys bought it??

Good deal at $6900, if it was a legit auction and did sell to a legit buyer.

Still available!

Sooooooooo...... which one of yous guys bought it??

Good deal at $6900, if it was a legit auction and did sell to a legit buyer.

Sooooo..... Funny you should ask. The auction winner was not legit. He never responded or contacted me. I still have the car and it is still available. Over the next few days, I will offer it to the other bidders. I am not a seasoned e-bay seller and have received quite an education. Fact is, it is a very drivable and presentable car for someone.

Attachments

• 7184571E-07B5-4E08-903F-9F5520A3EDF7.jpg
    7184571E-07B5-4E08-903F-9F5520A3EDF7.jpg
    19.1 KB · Views: 73
  • CAF38F59-3CE9-4D00-9B76-31B71E189BA5.jpg
    CAF38F59-3CE9-4D00-9B76-31B71E189BA5.jpg
    19.9 KB · Views: 68
Back